Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 04:15:25 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Lake Fork Crappie  (Read 1529 times)

Lunker Extreme

Went to Lake fork to check out the huge sandbass they had been catching but only caught 4 small ones. Decided to work on some crappie. Caught 12 crappie on Sat. and Sun. with the  smallest being 11". Had some big fat 14" and 15"'crappie that would not fit into the crappie measure holder. Biggest was about 17" which I found out later that 17" was the lake record for white crappie. Mine was real close to the record. Was fishing trees in 40' of water with mainly minnows and white/chartreuse rocky tops.
Also had what felt like a snag at first but started pulling on it and it started coming out of the tree then took off. I was using a 14' b & n crappie pole and finally got it to the surface and it jumped out of the water a couple of times as I was struggling to get to it. Could not get to the net as it was put up and unreachable. It looked like it was about a 10lb bass. It finally wiggled of the the hook but it was still an exciting situation. Also caught a few catfish and 2 bass.
For the most part, it was a slow 2 days and had to work the trees hard and steady but it was worth the effort seeing the huge crappie Lake Fork has!

-------------------------

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

that is a monster crappie awsome job

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Nice  fish

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

W.T.G.  nice fish

-------------------------
Mike
Fish Forever