Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2018, 07:18:24 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
where to dove hunt?  (Read 4523 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Our place in east texas is not doing hunts anymore and need a new place to go. Season starts saturday and boy am I ready! Don't mind driving a ways to get where I need to be, but just need a place. Doveblasters is way overpriced. any ideas?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

are the public lands hunts any good? concerned about over crowding

Top Bottom  

Lunker

44 + Years ago!

I have 50 ac North of Commerce with milo and sunflower food plots planted next to a 7 to 10 ac lake. I just listed it on the THF Leases. Heading is Dove & Duck Lease. Let me know if you want to get a group of hunters together.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I have 50 ac North of Commerce with milo and sunflower food plots planted next to a 7 to 10 ac lake. I just listed it on the THF Leases. Heading is Dove & Duck Lease. Let me know if you want to get a group of hunters together.

Maybe a LLFF Dove hunt/gathering???  We could all chip in for the cost of the lease for a weekend and for Big Brad and Mister P to smoke up some grub...

-------------------------
Jeremy
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I think I hear clickers in my sleep!!

It's not free but Doveblasters.com is all kinds of awesome for me.  Next to the house and after opening weekend, it gets better with fewer hunters.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

check heralddemocrat has place for $25 a day.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

found places on craigslist, but my buddy from the station talked me into the public lands thing this year. Never done that before. I'll be sure to wear eye protection... maybe even a kevlar! we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

went to a public place this morning. got there at 5 and posted up. left at 9. maybe saw 10 dove and all were way too far outta range to even shoot at. ran into a group of 4 guys who got 2 in 4 hours. bad day or bad place. at least I can say my poor shooting wasn't a factor this time haha

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Doug, I've yet to find a good "public hunting place". The majority of birds so far are local and have plenty of food, water and shelter, and unfortunately most are close to residential areas.  Fortunately there are plenty of those areas around, if you know where they are....kind of like a secret brush pile icon_lol
They're everywhere, You just have to find them....Look for fields that have been cut, aren't posted, and are far enough from roads, schools, etc.
Dont give up though, Your place may get better if this cool front pushes the birds south like I'm hoping!

-------------------------
Chad
Top Bottom  

Lunker

I'm still looking for a place for me and my son.  This is his first year to really get into it, and we done have any fields to hunt.  Doveblasters is close, but too expensive.  Wouldnt mind paying $25-50 for a day leave and hope that he would get to hunt free (13 yr old).  Would like to stay within an hour of McKinney.  Anyone have any ideas?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I likey :)

Wish I could help you and your boy. We have been hunting a Lady's place in Collin Co. for 3 yrs and just kinda fell into it with good conversation, basically. We were never asked to pay a nickel but this year we decided to pay for the privilege because these folks are so nice.  Guess what? We have now been told to go ahead and put up a bow stand and feeder or two= Collin Co has deer season this yr. I doubt we do it this year, don't want to inadvertently wear out our welcome. But the "face to face" time is what got us in this great situation. (Plus, they love fresh fish)
A lotta folks go hunt places w/o permission and in a LOT of cases I'm sure the field owners don't mind. But it ruins the entire hunt for me knowing in the back of my mind I could get run off. (and having my kid with me to share this experience) I'd rather fish instead. But thats just me.
Try and ask around at some feed stores maybe. I reckon they might be able to point you to a name or two.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: