Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2018, 11:03:35 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Lavon dam and Gar  (Read 5091 times)
Lunker

What's with all the Gar in the public fishing area at the dam? I've been down there for the passed few nights 12am and later. Seems like there are hundreds in there. Did they eat up all the other fish or what? I've only seen a couple of small catfish caught there Sad

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Fishing is best when the gates are open and a couple weeks after. Low oxygen in there right now. Cats and gar are really the only thing active in there. But don't get me wrong, there is a bend with 18 ft depth. Lots of sandies and hybrids still sit in it. Bass and crappie are there too. Difficult to fish.

-------------------------
Carey Thorn

Lake Lavon Crappie Guide - Plus Other Lakes

Bass Pro Shop - Pro Staff Member

http://TexasOklahomaFishingGuide.com/

469-528-0210
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Fishing is best when the gates are open and a couple weeks after. Low oxygen in there right now. Cats and gar are really the only thing active in there. But don't get me wrong, there is a bend with 18 ft depth. Lots of sandies and hybrids still sit in it. Bass and crappie are there too. Difficult to fish.

I see, it all makes sense. Guess I better find out what them cats are eatin' because I havn't had any luck with them either. Already tried shad, minnows, worms, running out of ideas :/

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

go up into the lake and fish with the wind in your face if you want to catch some cats.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

What's with all the Gar in the public fishing area at the dam? I've been down there for the passed few nights 12am and later. Seems like there are hundreds in there. Did they eat up all the other fish or what? I've only seen a couple of small catfish caught there Sad

Threw my castnet last night. Lots of shad, 1-11" sandie.
Plenty of food there yet.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I see, it all makes sense. Guess I better find out what them cats are eatin' because I havn't had any luck with them either. Already tried shad, minnows, worms, running out of ideas :/

Kitties love gar>
I caught 1 and cleaned it for bait.
Here kitty kitty kitty fishing

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: