Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 06:31:32 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Dang electronics!  (Read 1330 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

Well many years ago I switched over to dark side and got a color GPR lowrance 500c w/gps. Acyually it wuz a gift from me two boys. Well I used to keep up with locations the ole fashoned way of landmarks and that worked purdy good. Once I got that GPS all I had to do wuz hit a button twice and could come right back to my kitty honeyholes or crappie trees & a few BP's I had marked that Brent had set out. Let's just say I got lazy and complacent and forgot the ole ways that had worked since before moby dick wuz the sixe of a minner.

Do you know whut happens when the dang electronics quits workin....all dem trees look the same!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways, the unit will power up. It just wont do nuthin ceptin display the main page. No buttons work. Can't switch sceens. It tries then show an off course warning and goes back to the main screen. Can't split the screen. unplug the gps antennas and nuthin still. Can't use just the depth finder. Heck it won't even turn off!!!!! I had to unplug it. Then switched to the black & white Lowrance 320. It took care of depth but didn't help me find me special trees.

So, any chance anybody else has had this problem? Or, is it time to sell the boat or upgrade electronics? Yeah I beez a cheap ole geezer! Would rather try a cheap fix than spend a lot of money. Any ideers out there on whut the problem might be? And, if the unit is bitmish & I decide to keep the boat, is there any way to get my wayoints off the unit?  icon_rolleyes icon_eek icon_eek

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

David

I had simular problems with my 37 c an up grade of the software took care of it it was freezing and all kinds of stuff if you like I have the right size card and a card reader you could borrow or even help you do it. I should be home monday In your face In your face In your face

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

David sometimes u can do a soft reset keeps all waypoints or a hard reset goes n
Back to factory settn  just my experience

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Thanks ya'll! Tried a soft reset and it didn't help. Hard reset will lose all data. Might be the power cord as I can wiggle it and turn the unit on and off that way. Not sure as the power cord ran the 320 just fine. Its not a lowrance but an eagle fishelite 500c.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

BACK IN BIZNESS!!!! Brent said to remove the navionics chip and see whut happens. Removed the chip and everything worked fine. Re installed the chip and everything seems to be OK. Guess the chip got loose a little. Cost of repair...nary a red cent! Now that is in my budget!! icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

BACK IN BIZNESS!!!! Brent said to remove the navionics chip and see whut happens. Removed the chip and everything worked fine. Re installed the chip and everything seems to be OK. Guess the chip got loose a little. Cost of repair...nary a red cent! Now that is in my budget!! icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

David.. You know you should have just called Brent in the first place  icon_lol

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Need to find a way to backup all those waypoints now.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: