Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2018, 06:49:11 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Got him back.  (Read 2666 times)

Lunker

44 + Years ago!

From the taxidermy finally, he's on the left. 
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h342/KirkGro/photo-38.jpg
Got him back.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h342/KirkGro/photo-39.jpg
Got him back.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

That's a nice group on that wall!! Nice

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

That's REALLY schweet! I hope to be able to put something like that on my wall this year!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I likey :)

Nice buck. What county?

Top Bottom  

Lunker

44 + Years ago!

I hate to say this, but at the Land owners request its West Somewhere, TX. We had and still have some road hunting issues. The GW in that area is the baddest DUDE I know and will put on his Gilly suit and brush up on our lease to catch these poachers. It's been alot of hard work over the past 25 years, almost no deer on the place when we started leaseing it. 1st 10 years or so we only harvested a select few. We've been lucky.

Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:44:40 PM by HEADSHOT
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

great one . Love the charecter kicker on the 2. I see it sorta like the one in the back as well. Whats the yr diffrense between them?

I kinda know a warden that resembles that discription and he is out west as well.  great guy if you are leagal. But he will work his arse off to catch poachers

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

44 + Years ago!

great one . Love the charecter kicker on the 2. I see it sorta like the one in the back as well. Whats the yr diffrense between them?

I kinda know a warden that resembles that discription and he is out west as well.  great guy if you are leagal. But he will work his arse off to catch poachers

Are you asking the age of the deer? If so the biologist aged him at 10.5 years old. The biologist typically age class old deer in a group of (“Older than 8.5 yo.”) He said if he was to guess at his age he would say 10.5 yo.  He has been a ghost for the last 5 years or so, was only seen on game cameras.  He was on the decline but didn’t loose as much antler growth as you would think.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

the deer on the far left has split Right G2 (kicker) 
The deer on the far Right has split Right G2

My question is when were they killed?( how many years apart) Do you think they are kindfolk ?   icon_lol

Super wall of BONE!!

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

44 + Years ago!

the deer on the far left has split Right G2 (kicker) 
The deer on the far Right has split Right G2

My question is when were they killed?( how many years apart) Do you think they are kindfolk ?   icon_lol

Super wall of BONE!!
Not them two, but the two in the middle are farther and son for sure and were killed 5 years apart in the same area. Hard to tell from the picture, both G1’s are exactly the same and the tines are all shaped the same. Middle right was a bow kill, he was 4 ½ yo and I don’t think he was at his prime yet. Middle left was 6 ½ yo. I bow hunted the middle left religiously and would get out smarted every time. I had his pattern down and would leave work Wednesday midday knowing that he would show back up at the feeder that evening to check for does. I hunted that evening and he no show me. I checked the camera and found out that he was there that morning!!!! This happened for 2 + months. One day the wind switched as I was heading to the stand, so I turned around and went back to my truck and picked up my rifle to go see what was using a trail in a different area, which led to the wheat fields. Guess who showed up. I thought it was now or never so I shot him down. Kickers or split G2 and tall tines are some what common. I found a set of sheds about 12 years ago that are almost 100% identical to the second deer from the lefts. It’s unbelievable how similar they are, and they have to be from the same gene pool.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: