Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 21, 2018, 01:08:40 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Cass County HUnting  (Read 4309 times)

Lunker Extreme

Has anyone hunted Cass County?  Looking at leasing a 250 acre track and wanted to see if anyone has any history hunting there for deer. 

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I likey :)

I never have, but I've heard a few good things about it. I think Lynn hunts close to there and I hunt SW of there, not too far. Our deer have improved dramatically in 8 yrs and so have the hogs. But we kinda have an 700 acre group of landowners that BBQ and talk management. Plus, that entire area now has 13" antler restrictions and that has made a world of difference.

One thing I do know: Our Game Warden for Camp Co. Named Heath. He told us one day that the area north of us was seeing a LOT of bears and not to shoot em. Illegal. But any cat, cougar included, was legal. Both areas have both. GW said the bears were scooting in from both Arkansas and LA.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

actually i hunt in panola county . we have seen alot of big does and alot of undersized bucks in the past couple of years . the bucks are growin own up now that we had a talk about shootin small deer which was before the legal spread enforcement . i do know somebody that hunts cass county and i was a visitor 1 time but all i seen those couple of days were does . but ya never know cause there wasnt any creeks or bottoms where i was ... thats bout all i can tell ya

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Thanks guys, talking with the owner he said the does were plentiful and the bucks are getting better with the 13” rule.  I would go down south but my daughter and wife want to hunt this year and Cass County is so damn close that it’s hard not to take a chance with the lease.  Is 3K in line for 250 acres in that area?  It has 2 ponds and one seasonal creek.     

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I never have, but I've heard a few good things about it. I think Lynn hunts close to there and I hunt SW of there, not too far. Our deer have improved dramatically in 8 yrs and so have the hogs. But we kinda have an 700 acre group of landowners that BBQ and talk management. Plus, that entire area now has 13" antler restrictions and that has made a world of difference.

One thing I do know: Our Game Warden for Camp Co. Named Heath. He told us one day that the area north of us was seeing a LOT of bears and not to shoot em. Illegal. But any cat, cougar included, was legal. Both areas have both. GW said the bears were scooting in from both Arkansas and LA.

Nice Bucks!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

is it just gonna be you and your family huntin the 250

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

is it just gonna be you and your family huntin the 250

Yes and its very secure.  Water Electric and Sewage hookup

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

all year or just deer

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

alls i can tell ya for the price yall oughta be able to kill a few deer . i only pay $400 . dont know what JJ pays out your direction . hes between I20 and I30 towards the north also .....

maybe  icon_idea  he'll let ya know what he thinks ......  icon_mrgreen

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I likey :)

We own, but I think going rate on East Tx is $10-$15 per acre. That's w/o ponds, elect, water etc. So actually sounds pretty fair.
 If its thick enough you should be able to hunt 5 or 6, but also know it takes about 75 acres to grow a unit in most of East Tx. Unit, IMO, is 1 buck over, 1 buck under, 1 doe, one Fawn. Also  depends on how much the surrounding land gets hunted.
We just have 127 acres but have over 700 acres touching us that's not hunted. This helps us a ton and allows us to hunt 4 people on such a small tract and we still watch the herd grow.
Check out what's touching that area and that may help your decision.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

. dont know what JJ pays out your direction . hes between I20 and I30 towards the north also .....

maybe  icon_idea  he'll let ya know what he thinks ......  icon_mrgreen

we are just paying taxes for Granny Joe....  comes out to a blazing $2.66 per acre icon_eek  I own a property there as well. So we have ALL the creature comforts. Pretty much a man cave with guys that will die before they want to leave that place. We are just about 15 miles S of LOP.  I am really hoping the Deer start to get bigger icon_rolleyes It seems that we see a couple good bucks that are well leagal a few times and then the suddenly dissapere icon_confused  ...Gee , I wonder what happend to them???  ARs for the locals and kids need to be re-looked at.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

1995 Stratos

I am on a new place this year ( lako-o-pines area), but hunted the bowie/cass county line the last three years.  The two deer in the picture are from the past two years.  The one on left is last years , the one on right is year befores.  Also have more pics I can send as well.  Hogs are plentiful as well.  The only reason I left is we had very poor lease manager.

Thad
Top Bottom