Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2019, 05:16:05 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
I DID have faith in our Supreme Court...  (Read 1732 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

....but not anymore! I nearly threw up at the news that obamacare was ruled constitutional. I don't normally talk politics here, because I have very strong beliefs and I don't think this forum is really the place to get into them. However, I have to say I am feeling sick and pi$$ed off about this, especially after that fiasco that neutered Arizona and any state that wants to enforce the immigration laws! Another reason to get this POTUS OUT!!!!

-------------------------
I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I agree.  I am hoping this seals his fate for November.

Short leash on this discussion.  I don't want things getting too crazy..but I don't mind a little talk about it.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

here is the problem accourding to SC... they claim they are not making policy from the bench ,but only perfroming a constitutional worthyness examination .  Lots of talking out of both sides of ones mouth  The ruling does not suprise me.  Hopefully the Nov election will!

The essence of Roberts’s ruling was:

•       “The Affordable Care Act is constitutional in part and unconstitutional in part,” Roberts wrote.

•       “The individual mandate cannot be upheld as an exercise of Congress’s power under the Commerce Clause. That Clause authorizes Congress to regulate interstate commerce, not to order individuals to engage in it.”

•       But “it is reasonable to construe what Congress has done as increasing taxes on those who have a certain amount of income, but (who) choose to go without health insurance. Such legislation is within Congress’s power to tax.”

Roberts made a point of noting that he and the other justices “possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:51:00 PM by jjason

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Umm, for any surprised let me point this out.

"The U.S. Supreme Court should uphold a law requiring most Americans to have health insurance if the justices follow legal precedent, according to 19 of 21 constitutional law professors who ventured an opinion on the most-anticipated ruling in years. "

As from an article a week ago.  Like Romney said.  They said that it was legal, not that it was right.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

The whole thing was suddenly changed from a penalty to a 'tax', but what kind of tax is it? Not any of the ones allowed by our Constitution. Chief Justice Roberts laid that out, and was the deciding vote, and of course BHO ran with it. It's BS and makes me sick.

I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom