Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2018, 06:59:28 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Yakkin Lavon.  (Read 48369 times)

Lunker Extreme

At least you got to go fishing.  What camera are you using?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Good point!  GoPro Hero HD

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Good point!  GoPro Hero HD

Nice.  Hero 3 black or me.   

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Went kayak fishing this morning on Lavon.  Was planning to launch from the free boat ramp nearest the dam.  Road was closed. Luckily, had the COE Annual Pass, so went to Lavonia Park and put in from the Day Use Area.

Paddled out to the Point we like to fish and began working the area... trolling a Slab and Crappie Jig Rig as well as casting to boils!

Caught two Yellow Bass and a number of White Bass with three Keepers.  Fish for Dinner tonight! Today's Video.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Nice video as always.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks 2050z!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Thanks 2050z!

Still want to meet up with you and do some fishing.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Schedule is hit or miss right now, hitting the lake when I can; will keep a lookout for you 2050z.

... fished Clear Lake this morning.  Tried drifting for Catfish with Shad; had two nibbles but no hook ups.  Switched to a Slab and Jig Rig.... Only two White Bass this round with only one Keeper. Still a fun time! Today's Video.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

First time out to Lavon this year for some kayak trolling. Managed to catch a few; only six were Keepers; still a good time and a good workout! Today's Video.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Cooked up yesterday's catch using a Beer Batter Fish Fry and Tartar Sauce recipe we like.  Might be one to try next chance you get!
Linked Videos

Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:35:31 PM by fshn84

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Headed to Ticky Creek Park for more kayak fishing. Boat ramp was closed but not an issue with the kayak. Launched from the beach without an issue. Windy though and water was rough. Had a tough time hooking up. Did get a Yellow Bass and a White Bass after getting a good workout in! Both went for Crappie Jigs. Today's Video.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Tough round this morning at Little Ridge Park... struck out on White Bass, struck out on any fish.  Had a hard time getting back to the boat ramp paddling against the wind but made it back safely.  Worked the area near the Restricted Zone, both points in the cove, and then the area of the boat ramp.  No luck. Oh well, there is next time! Today's Video.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I have yet to get my kayak in the water this year.  Keep after them

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Tough time getting out with all the boat ramp closures. Did make it out today but took a jon boat out. No motor, just oars. Went Jug Line Fishing this morning. Set up six jug lines using the Kayak Fishing Jug Lines described in the Jug Line Fishing article posted some time back. After setting lines, did some trolling for White Bass. No White Bass but did get one Catfish on a jug line!  Had to deal with the wind every once in awhile as well as a boater running through the lines, else it was a fun time despite only getting the one. Today's Video.

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

there was an armada of yaks at little ridge today.  I saw people unloading some full stringers.  Looked like they'd been fishing the power plant outlet.  There were about 7 or so coming to the ramp when I was launching and 4 or 5 still at the power plant.

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Jump to: