Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2018, 06:20:51 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
200+ lb. gar ?  (Read 4067 times)

Lunker Extreme

Anybody remember the story about the guy who caught a 200+ lb. gar below the dam several years ago? At least I think I remember it being over 200. I might be wrong, but 97% of the time I'm right, and I don't worry about the other 4%. icon_confused I'm thinking it was 230ish.
  When I was a kid (40 yrs.ago), our moms would drop us off below the dam in the summer when school was out and we'd fish and explore around down there all day, mostly fishing for and catching carp on our Zebcos. The water would be very low cause they hadn't let any water out in a long while because of no rain. And sometimes we would see some giant gar cruising the surface in the basin and feeding on carcasses. These fish were 8-10 ft. long and big around as a car tire. Bound to be some of these monsters swimming around out in the lake still. Anybody seen any or remember the story about that one caught below the dam?

Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:28:56 PM by evinrudelark

-------------------------
Don't catchem all
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Not me for sure, but I hope I don't see one like that!!   icon_eek  I only have a 16' boat!  Yikes!!

-------------------------
I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

don't remember that but I did catch a huge gar below the Wright Patman dam 25 years ago. I am 6'2 and I had my arms over my head and the tail of that gar was just hitting the ground. They get huge I did just see a current post ove on TFF that showed a 200+ Gar.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: