Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 08:26:30 PM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Allen Parks  (Read 6205 times)
Minnow

TPWD says you can't keep any fish from community parks. There are plenty who do though, unfortunately!! There isn't much of anything left in Richardson's Breckenridge park lakes.

Just curious, has anyone had any luck jumping on Rowlett Creek by Breckenrige Park? Was thinking it might be fun to kayak/fish on, and a lot closer to the house!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Just curious, has anyone had any luck jumping on Rowlett Creek by Breckenrige Park? Was thinking it might be fun to kayak/fish on, and a lot closer to the house!

Don't know about yakkin', but the fishing is so bad I finally gave up, in the creek and the lakes. The water is up, I know that much. It's close to me and nice to visit. I have cut down more limb lines around the lakes and along the creek than I cared to count.

-------------------------
I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks for the info, it's a shame that area has been so overfished  icon_frown

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

The last two heavy rains we had flooded those lakes big time, so there were probably some fish flooded into them. The big problem is the people who take fish from them any way they can, and any size too. They are there all the time. When I fished there, I reported the limb lines and poaching (catch and release only at the time) to City of Richardson twice but as far as I can tell there was nothing done. Don't know if there is anything they CAN do.....
It's such a nice park, and really nice lakes, but unless someone comes up with a solution, I am afraid the fishing there will always be bad.

-------------------------
I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  

Lunker

I had to post this sunfish that I caught in one of the Allen community ponds.   There is great fishing to be had if we manage it correctly.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I had to post this sunfish that I caught in one of the Allen community ponds.   There is great fishing to be had if we manage it correctly.

Very nice indeed!

Top Bottom  

Minnow

New here but thought Id tell you guys about pondboss..com. Much info in the forum about pond management. Not keeping fish makes them stunt and the remainder should lay more than enough eggs to repopulate any available nich. I would say your culprit was the drought and sever summer last year. I bet by next year those ponds are good again. Keeping fish is good for a pond. I don't keep fish from the local pond due to possible pesticides or run-off but I do wish people would keep more fish. Bass and sunfish naturally overpopulate to a small size then there's not enough food and they eat their own fry.  Many books on the subject

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: