Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 01:19:18 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Split Yellow Cigar Peg Floats  (Read 2948 times)
Lunker

I'm sure this is a very dumb question, but  how do you attach split cigar peg floats to a line.

I'm trying to set up the catfish rig pictured here.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

whats up Chris... you put one peg in before you put on the bobber then put the line against the split and wedge the line all the way through the bobber till the bobber slides freely up and down the line then attatch the pegs on each side. you might have to really work that line in to get to the middle of the bobber.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

yep, sometimes there's a little extra styrofoam in the middle. A thin blade will fix that, then just slide the line in thru the split and put the pegs back in.

-------------------------
I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I prefer the not split kind, just my opinion though

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I prefer the not split kind, just my opinion though

I do too. I have some of the split kind that I bought for the price, but I won't buy any more.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

Top Bottom  
Lunker

So the not split kind... You just gotta feed the leader line through between the swivel and the hook?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

So the not split kind... You just gotta feed the leader line through between the swivel and the hook?

You got it. Once in a while there's styrofoam in the middle of those too, so I keep a thin bamboo skewer in my tackle box and just poke it open. I think this type float holds up better to the wear and tear we put them thru.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

You can pick the whole set up up at pro angler in lucas Ed is a vulery nice guy and will take care of you

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I did get my hooks, weights, bumpers and floats from pro angler. Just didn't think to ask how to put them on, lol.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Pm sent

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I got it now. I just didn't realize there were two pegs per float. First one I grabbed just had one. Lol.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

now you can go tear um up!!!!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

If you lose one of the pegs, a wooden golf tee works great.  Just push it in and cut off the excess.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

You got it. Once in a while there's styrofoam in the middle of those too, so I keep a thin bamboo skewer in my tackle box and just poke it open. I think this type float holds up better to the wear and tear we put them thru.

I use a short piece of 12 gauge solid electrical wire with a handle twisted on one end. It will push right thru that styrofoam middle and punch out that little piece of foam that blocks the hole. Easy peasy! Just keep the wire in the tacklebox and quickly punch out all dem itty bitty pieces of foam when I get a new bag of floats.  icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Does the float stay under the water to keep the bait up or does the line run free threw the float to let the bait sit on the bottom.
Trying to learn how to catch them cats shallow. icon_cool

Love to fish.
Carl
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: