Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Recommendation Request for Bream  (Read 5403 times)
Minnow

Hello,

I recently purchased a small 14' Alumcraft to fish Lavon/RH in with my two older boys (4 & 2).  I was over at the TFF asking some questions about Lavon and Ray Hubbard and thought this might be the best place to ask. I don't feel real comfortable with the boat in open water and want to find a place in sheltered water where I can take them fishing from the boat to catch some sunfish.  The TFFer's were helpful on recommendations.  I wanted to see if anyone might recommend a place to launch and look for some bream for my boys and I to catch.  I have a GPS, but don't expect anyone to give away their honey hole.  If you could point me to a specific area on Lanon that might produce some decent fishing for my kids and I we were really appreciate it.  I would be even better if it was on the east side of the lake as I live in North Rockwall.

Thank you,
Robert

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Are you only after perch? Does it have a motor?

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Yes I have a motor (20 Johnson). I am pretty much looking for anything that bites to keep the boys interested. I thought perch might be the easiest to catch. Thank you for any help you could offer.
RZ

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Not a lot of them are up shallow yet. They are normally abundant around the docks and boat slips when the weather turns, but a few of us have been looking for them for bait and it's been slim pickings! When the shad and crappie come in, the perch and bluegill will be right along with them....
I know some of the guys that fish the creeks probably know exactly where they are, Carey Thorn for one. He's great with kids and is a really good guide. Check out his threads about shad, sandbass, and perch.

-------------------------
I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

You might try south lake near Farmersville, lots of them and lots of bass also, great for a small boat, lots of vegetation also

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

+1 for going with Carey for a trip. Great guide and guaranteed fish. I'd go on a sand bass guided trip with those kiddos. They'll have a blast and he'll show you what you need to do.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

You can also try the slips at East Fork park with your boat. Prob get into some crappie.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I was at EF slips yesterday all day. lost count of how many dinks I caught, 10 keepers, 1 bluegill, 0 shad. Hard day.

I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Caught more big perch at the slip Monday than crappie! When they can take a number 2 hook with a minner they are going in the basket!  icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Okay so this lends an ethical question.  Is it wrong to ask a guide to take you fishing and know that I am going to turn around and go back to those exact same spots on my boat someday.  That "feels" wrong to me.  I had a similar thought, but don't like the idea of messing with somebody's livelihood.

Thank you all again.
Robert

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Not wrong at all, Plenty of fish  out there.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

If your fishing for perch... Guides won't care. Carey says that he want's people to be able to fish with him one day and find fish the next. So I'm guessing he wont care about you going back to his spot

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

As Jon stated Carey loves teaching so I don't think he would mind if you go back.Remember they were there for a reason that day so if they're not when you go back you can take what he taught you how to read the water etc...and look for the same areas good luck and keep the kiddos fishing.Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride you will have fun on here great group of guy's/gals icon_cool

tight-lines...Mike
Top Bottom