Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 02:29:00 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
boat ramps  (Read 6197 times)

Lunker Extreme

Lavon is "only" down 12.26 feet now. U regulars know if any other ramps will be opened back up???

-------------------------
If you want to catch fish then ya gotta go fishin!!!
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Most of the last ramps that were closed were done at 11 feet low. Need at least another 1.5 feet increase in lake level for any ramps to open. Ef was closed at about 10 feet down.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

sure want ef ramps to open

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

People were launching like crazy at little ridge today, big ramp was busy

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I hope the water comes back by the end of March. Can't wait for the spring spawn.

Rainbow Boat Club
Top Bottom  

Lunker

As I am writing this Lavon is now less than 10 feet low. Does anyone know if Avalon Ramp might open up ?  Or East Fork?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Avalon will not open until April 1 as it is always closed from October to April as are several other parks. I doubt the COE will open any ramps soon. Once the ramps have been out of water, the coe will wait a few weeks to let the ground saturate underneath the ramp to prevent cracking from weight.  Gonna have to be at least a couple of feet on the ramps before the coe even thinks about opening them. At least that is what has happened in previous years.

Collin may open up as it is privately operated but doubt you will see anf coe ramps opening soon.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

What will the lake level have to be to launch out of east fork?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

What will the lake level have to be to launch out of east fork?
I'm pretty sure the level now is where east fork was open last year, Avalon was open for sure at this level. Not sure when the COE tests and makes a decision, but hoping by spring. I can't tell you how thankful I am for what we just got icon_biggrin I can tell you it's going to make our lives a lot easier for sure icon_exclaim

Chad
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Can't wait to see east fork open again What Mr.P said makes all the sense in the world the ground I am sure has shrank away from the concrete so they will have to make sure it swells up but would think it would not take but a couple days.But this is the goverment maybe someone who knows someone can find out when they will open it

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Can't wait to see east fork open again What Mr.P said makes all the sense in the world the ground I am sure has shrank away from the concrete so they will have to make sure it swells up but would think it would not take but a couple days.But this is the goverment maybe someone who knows someone can find out when they will open it

they'll finally get out there in late august... when the water is low again!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Sure do like that THUMP!

Friday 3:15 p.m.
I just talked to Marian at the COE office. She said it would be a minimum of 21 days after the lake level has reached the 'right' level before they would open the ramps .
"And we aren't even at the 'right' levels yet."  (Whatever that is.)

Back to Little Ridge...   icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Noticed today that collin park ramp is open again

Chad
Top Bottom  
Minnow

they'll finally get out there in late august... when the water is low again!

They think they are going to keep it closed for 3 weeks when that water is up. I doubt it. I will be calling to irritate them tomorrow.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Just take it all in stride it wont get anything done any sooner

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: