Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 02:53:09 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Searching for the shad……..  (Read 6391 times)

Lunker

Anyone had any luck finding shad? Went out last night to Highland park and man the lake is low, but still no shad. Headed towards Brockdale and nothing but two skinny dippers!! LOL

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Anyone had any luck finding shad? Went out last night to Highland park and man the lake is low, but still no shad. Headed towards Brockdale and nothing but two skinny dippers!! LOL

Been easy to get the last couple of weeks in 3 feet of water.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Any certain areas of the lake where you have had luck? Was thinking about going out to the place where the garland power plant is at.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Any coves or wind blown points. If'n there be birds sittin around the bank, the shad are there! Did you wade out off the point at Brockdale? At the break where it starts to get deeper probably has shad.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

LOL no I wasn't able to….I had my kids with me so when we saw the couple skinny dipping, it would have had my kids asking to many questions!!!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Well I headed out to little ridge park and found a whole lot of shad out there!! There were even some pretty big ones! I caught one large mouth bass about 8 inches and showed my son how to release him and taught him that it was illegal to catch game fish. But heck yeah, now I got alot of bait!! icon_razz

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Any shad around East Fork? Hoping to make a trip this weekend.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

They were in the EF cove last weekend, all along the bank straight across from the boat ramp.

Jeremy
Top Bottom  
Lunker

They there in the morning time like around 9?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

They there in the morning time like around 9?

It was right at sunup when we were there...  Don't know about 9:00.

Jeremy
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Personal Best 51lb. Blue

Went to Collin Park boat slips Friday a.m.  At 6 a.m. the slips were teeming with shad, caught lots of hookers and probably 10-15 cutters, one really huge gizzard that is soaking in the freezer for next Friday night! 

I now believe that fishing is far more important than catching fish.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Found plenty of shad lately on a couple Hubbard ramps. Terry lane park ramp has been good on the South winds days and did well at John Paul Jones ramp today with the north wind.  Fishing was pretty darn slow this morning there though but avoided the skunk with about a 12 or 13lb blue.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

With the winter months right around the corner we all know the shad will be going deep before long. With that being said it is time to start catching bigger shad and freezing them for the colder months.

There are pleanty of shad to be caught at the BE. I have been catching them for the last week.

Smaller shad are not to far off the bank, 2-3 inches, bigger ones are out alittle further, I have been wading out about knee/thigh deep and catching plenty of 4-6 inch shad.

Even caught a few gizzards today.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I was really looking forward to getting my shad in the slip this year!

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: