Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2018, 11:03:25 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
New Boater Education Law....  (Read 2909 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Saw this in the local Wylie paper, so I thought I would find a link and post it here...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/21/3238226/state-law-to-require-boater-education.html

-------------------------
MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Only problem I have with this law is that its not mandatory for all ages. I see a lot of grown adults who don't have a clue as how to safely operate a boat... seems like just about any idiot that can buy a boat thinks they know how to safely operate one.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Yes, IDIOTS... I was fishing the dam yesterday in about 16ft of water so you know how close I was and one was coming right for me, just went right around me (I am sure very close to 50 ft and then back up against the dam... SO I got the wake from all directions... Almost saluted him but remembered the post from earlier bout the ticket...

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I feel that idiots will be idiots weather or not they take a government boater safety class. I see proof every day with licensed automobile drivers.  I dislike the idea other than using it for people under the age of 21 or even 18. It's just something that could cost more money. Boat safety is 90% common sense and you can't fix stupid.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

While I agree that commonsense is part of it, there are things that need to be taught. Common sense ain't gonna help you in every situation.  Common sense doesn't tell you how to navigate rough water if you ge caught in it. Gotta be prepared for any and everything.  That's where training comes in.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well, class or no class, training or not...when alcohol is involved everything goes out the window so to speak. The article said 50% of the accidents were due to drinkin the "Devil's Urine" so I'm not sure the class will help much. Now if'n they passsed a law that required "Devil's Urine" to be substituted for caffenne free diet dr. peppers, when occupying a boat, then maybe we will get somewhere in attemptin to fix "stupid"!  icon_rolleyes icon_eek icon_cool icon_biggrin  angel

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Well, class or no class, training or not...when alcohol is involved everything goes out the window so to speak. The article said 50% of the accidents were due to drinkin the "Devil's Urine" so I'm not sure the class will help much. Now if'n they passsed a law that required "Devil's Urine" to be substituted for caffenne free diet dr. peppers, when occupying a boat, then maybe we will get somewhere in attemptin to fix "stupid"!  icon_rolleyes icon_eek icon_cool icon_biggrin  angel

+1

I drink some of that juice every now and again however treat the boat just like the car. Water and gatoraide on the boat...

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: