Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2018, 10:17:38 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
drowing at hubbard  (Read 11021 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

There was a drowning at ray Hubbard today. Please be careful out there.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Hate to hear  someone else drowned.   Any additional details of what happened

-------------------------
William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I wonder how you jump in and fail to surface?  I wonder if they came up under the boat and knocked themselves out.  I wonder if alcohol was involved..

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I wonder how you jump in and fail to surface?  I wonder if they came up under the boat and knocked themselves out.  I wonder if alcohol was involved..

I was discussing this with my wife the other day.   Coming up under the boat was my thought.  I was thinking maybe they come up under the boat and then they panic.

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I can see where that would happen.  I did it a couple of weeks ago.  I went over the side and came up under the boat but had the sense to have my hands out.  I started pulling myself along when I realized that I was going lengthwise so I turned 90 degrees and went the other way.   Had I come up closer to the back, I would have hit the prop or some other underwater gear.  I guess the boat floated over me when I went under.  Scared me though since I didn't plan on being under that long and didn't have a decent breath held.  26 feet is a long way to go when you are disoriented.  Add a bunch of booze to that and its fatal.

Medic
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

That's just odd.  icon_question

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Add a bunch of booze to that and its fatal.

Yep. I have been anchored out with friends along the island and had a few CAB's... I have always had a pfd around me or my legs through one. I do understand accidents happen, but most the time they really don't have too.

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: