Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2018, 07:49:50 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
MONTHLY JIG TYING AT CABELAS ALLEN  (Read 16277 times)

Lunker

We are approved to begin jig tying at the new Cabelas in Allen.
We will be having the get together the third Thursday of each month from 7 to 9 PM. We will be setup in the fishing department near the fly fishing desk.
This is for those who want to learn to tie for the first time all the way to the pros that might want to teach or even learn a few new tricks.
If you have a vise bring it. If you don't I'll have a few for you to use. Materials will be provided also.

Calling all pro and semi pro tiers!!!

I would like to see three or four of us rotate teaching/demonstrating tying tips and tricks.
I know there is a lot of talent out there and it would be great if we all could share.

We will begin next Thursday (July 21) at 7PM

-------------------------
Jerry Hamon
Vice President Texas Council IFFF
President Mariner Sails Kayak Fishing Club
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Dang, gonna miss the first one as I;='ll be in Tennessee all next week working! I'll make the one in August!  icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Ok, it's here again next week on the 18th! icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin  I'm gonna be able to make this one. Anybody else going to the Cabelas Jig tie gathering?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Flathead R&R Lake Record Holder

Interesting.  Gotta see if I can find the fly vise.  icon_confused

Records are made to be broken...
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

This is tonight 8/18! Come learn how to tie jigs or if'n ya already know how, bring a vise and some materials and show somebody else how to tie a jig! Should be fun! 7 to 9 PM tonight at Allen Cabelas, Fly tying department.

If you are ready to just dive in to this hobby, you can git whutever you need right there in the store!  icon_biggrin With an inexpensive vise, you can be tying in no time without a lot of initial costs.  icon_biggrin

Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:49:30 AM by DavidP

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well only had 4 folks show up but we had a good time! Swapped advice on techniques, sources of material & tied some jigs. I got to make THREE new friends too! Was kinda nice. Cabelas had two tables set up with comfortable chairs and we just walked right in and sat down. Whatever you bring in they put a sticked on the container and you just waltz straight back the main isle at the front door. Tables were right there close to the acquarium. Very nice of Cabelas to offer the space.

Just in case folks did not understand.....ITS FREE except for the materials you bring or not! Cabelas doesn't charge nuthin! We had about 4 extra vises available that were not used. Need more folks next month. I need some new ideers and some additional tying edjumacation too!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:15:35 AM by DavidP

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I'll try to make it next month, David. I missed the boat this month. I haven't been on the forum in a while: too busy fishing while there is still water to hit. The boat still floats off the lift, but doubt that it will by this time next week as it's getting close to the 5' level. I can't get too concerned about it as I will be forced to take a break. My wife will love it!  icon_rolleyes

Ed
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Alrighty, next jig tying event is this Thursday evening, 9/15/2011 at 7pm to 9pm at the Allen Cabelas. If you want to tie some jigs with like minded folks then bring yer stuff. If you want to learn how to tie a crappie jig then bring yoreself to Cabelas. It will be in the fly tying department which is straight up the main isle from the front entrance all the way back to the acquarium...then just off to the right. It don't cost a thing to learn.

If'n ya just want to tie & share some stories then bring some tying stuff. If'n ya want to learn, just show up. Easy & free! Heck of a deal! Cabelas doesn't charge nuthin and provides the space.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well attendance wuz kinda minimal but did have a nice chat with Ed (anglin45) & Fly from the TFF. Had a kid come up with his dad and he watched us tie some jigs and several customers stopped to watch too. Me thinks that young feller is gonna be tying jigs real soon! He was already tying flies so jigs should be no problemo for him. We gave him a handful of jigs to try at the pond close to his house. He looked like a kid in a candy store. Made the evening very worthwhile!  icon_biggrin

mark yer calendars...3rd Thursday of each month, at Allen Cabelas, 7pm to 9pm.

Top Bottom  

Lunker

My Toon

It was really nice to see you guys couple week ago. Thank for all the jigs that you gave me. I have started tying again at home. I miss this month tying since I went fishing in the morning and did not think that I can push a trip to Cabela's.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Alrighty folks....this Thursday evening, 10/20/11, from 7pm to 9pm we will meet at Cabelas for some more jig tying! Can get there as early as 6:30pm or so. Right thru the front doors towards the fish tank at the back. We will be off to the right in the fly tying department. Bring yer vises and join us. If'n ya ain't got a vise...come anyways and learn how to tie some custom crappie jigs! It's free!

Hope to see some of the Lavon bretheren there!

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Hey Folks!
I'm new to jig tying...can you tell me if these seminars are still going on?

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

The Cabelas jig tying sessions were postponed for November & December due to the holidays. They should resume in January!  icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks for the info DavidP!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

We're back on for this Thursday at 7PM.
Bring your vice and stuff and join us.
Don't have a vice and stuff?
Come anyway, I'll have some spares for ya!!!  icon_biggrin

Jerry Hamon