Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2018, 08:27:47 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Flathead tournament 06/03  (Read 19485 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

Them gatherings wuz a lot of work & expense!  icon_eek icon_rolleyes icon_cool icon_biggrin But, sure wuz fun. That January Lavon gathering in 14 degree temps with 30 or so crazy folks showing up in spite of the weather speaks volumes of the comraderie those gatherings created. Lawdy I thought we all had gone absolutely bonkers! But standin around them 3 fires eatin sausage & chili and tellin some of the biggest lies  icon_biggrin will never be forgotten icon_exclaim  

Those wunderful gatherings at T-Wok, Lavon, Oak Cove & Cedar Creek were some mighty fine times to be remembered icon_exclaim Heck even the itty bitty gathering at Cooper was great. Got to meet JJason there and he showed us his prowness at repairing cast nets and got to meet Drawout. Still remember Johnny saying as they drove by...Stop......this has to be the place cuz them folks are tying up leaders! Is that great or what!

Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:40:49 PM by DavidP

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

2010-2011 NTTC Rookie of the Year

Sounds like fun Mr. P. that's the kind of things I remember reading about, thanks for sharing, and hopefully it will be that way again!!!

I was going to prefish tonite, I caught 43 perch and 2 mudcats yesterday, but about 4:00 today they told me I need to work tomorrow, seems like they know when I plan something,

Good Luck if you get out tonite, sounds like the rest of the weekend is going to be pretty windy, be careful out there!!!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

All ya got to do Larry, is organize one, have folks bring stuff fer Friday night and have the thang!

But, it has to be promoted to stirr the masses into to an absolute frenzy of wanting to meet, chill out, eat good food and create that fellowshippin atmosphere.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

That January Lavon gathering in 14 degree temps with 30 or so crazy folks showing up in spite of the weather speaks volumes of the comraderie those gatherings created. Lawdy I thought we all had gone absolutely bonkers! But standin around them 3 fires eatin sausage & chili and tellin some of the biggest lies  icon_biggrin will never be forgotten icon_exclaim  

Yes Mr. P that was one to remember I know S. Paw and I needed those fires from trying to pre-fish that day. The sausage and Chili were a bonus but them fires....were the best. icon_lol

Jim
Fishing Time is my Chilling Time!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

We went out to do a little prefishin last nite, sure wish we could have done a few things different!!!

Went out to do a little Flat-Head fishing last nite with Tom, it wasn't long before he had one to the boat it was 15 1/2#

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/lga043/Toms155.jpg
Flathead tournament 06/03

A little while later we moved and he caught another one, now this was a real fish 45#

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/lga043/Toms45.jpg
Flathead tournament 06/03

We weighed it and took pichers, and turned it loose, after I got home Tom sent me a text sayin that it was the Ray Roberts lake record for rod & reel, the record is 37# we both knew that, and it didn't dawn on us at the time, anyway Congradulations Tom that's a real nice fish!!!

My scales are certified, but we didn't measure the fish or take a picher of the scales, Tom didn't sign up for the Flat-Head Fish-Off so we didn't take a picher of the scales!!!

Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:07:38 AM by Lga043
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Very nice Larry and Tom ! Too bad about releasing that record maybe you can catch it next week in tourny and I think you will get extra cash for doing so.

"Whale Chaser"
-Making fish famous since 2008-
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I hope so Johnny, that's the biggest one we have caught this year, didn't even think about it being a record till we got home, we have been trying some new water, it's hard to find a place to fish with hurricane-force winds, how did you do on Cooper last nite?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

nice job guys

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

hail yeh  icon_cool very nice couple of flatties  icon_biggrin

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I hope so Johnny, that's the biggest one we have caught this year, didn't even think about it being a record till we got home, we have been trying some new water, it's hard to find a place to fish with hurricane-force winds, how did you do on Cooper last nite?

Cooper and flatheads are mean to me. 0 flatties but still trying to figure them out.

"Whale Chaser"
-Making fish famous since 2008-
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Once a carpenter always a carpenter lol.Tom that sure does look like a pair of vise grip c-clamps good use of tools

Cooncrazy1

Alot is even better
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

thats Larrys idea for fish grips that he cant break. welding clamps will definitaly hold em!! i dont know what we are gonna do when we get one that breaks those, but i sure want to be there when it happens!!

i live with fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me go fishin
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

You get one that big better shoot him with the framing gun or the Hilti gun

Cooncrazy1

Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Ken posted on the other forum that the rod limit has been lifted for the flat-head tourney, I guess you can use as many as you want to!!!

Hope to see yall out there!!!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

You get one that big better shoot him with the framing gun or the Hilti gun

James, I have broke 3 pairs of those orange grips they sell at Cabellas this year, + a pair of those tongs with the scale on them, and bent another one of those, I figgured I would give these a try, and so far, they have worked great!!!

Vice Clamps are the way to go!!!

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: