Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2018, 07:59:23 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Flathead tournament 06/03  (Read 18842 times)

Lunker Extreme

June 3rd
Ray Roberts
State Park Isle du Bois Unit
7:00PM to 7:00AM

$20 entry fee with 90% payout

This is an individual tournament, but you can fish more than on person out of a boat.

This is a member’s only tournament. If you want to fish the tournament and are not a member, you can sign up Friday night at the ramp.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

2010-2011 NTTC Rookie of the Year

Now I don't want to start any trouble but this has been bothering me and I want to get this out

It's a shame that everybody seems to have turned their backs on NTTC, when I was taking care of my pop, and couldn't go, there was a lot of talk on the forum about fishing the NTTC, and I couldn't wait to be a part of it, finaly I get to join and fish the tournements, and everybody stops talking about them and doesn't come to the tourneys any more, I don't think that it is too expencive, and most of you are going to fish anyway, no you are not going to get rich fishing one of the tournements, but its just enough money to make it interesting, and not cripple you if you don't win, to me it's about learning something about fishing, and I have learned something at every tournement I have been to, you guys have taught me how to fish, and I appreciate all your help, but don't stop now!!!

Come on guys don't let the club down!!!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i havent turned the back , but its just a matter of bein able to get schedules to match up and then if a family emergency doesnt come up , which it has been a rough past year  icon_rolleyes .... i always liked fishin em  icon_biggrin me and toad will hopefully be able to make alot of them next season   icon_mrgreen

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Ok, several reasons why attendance has dropped. First, there was a layoff of over a year, and people started fishing central texas. The layoff was nobodys fault, just life and stuff happens. Second, the website is rarely updated so if I'm interested and visit the website and its not current then what info do I get? None. Third, when you're a week out or two weeks out and details aren't finalized people won't come. Some folks plan months in advance. Just like our bbq schedule, I know where I'm cooking in september as early as january. Other tourney organizations have more $$$ as well. I will relate it to bbq again. If I don't have the chance to at least re-coup expenses then I don't go. When you throw money in the mix there is more to it then just fishing. You're trying to win. If you just wanna fish then just go fish. People who fish tournies competively go where the money is, no they aren't trying to get rich or make a living but want a shot at breaking even. Let's talk expenses. Gas, boat and truck to an average tourney at twok. That's $150 to fill up truck and boat. Lodging if I choose to, another $50 or so, food another $20-25, it keeps adding up. If I don't have a chance to recoup I won't go. So there are a lot of variables. Is it any one persons fault? Not really, just a bunch of different variables. Don't think any of it has to do with turning there backs on anything.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I think I hear clickers in my sleep!!

Can i get a copy of your BBQ schedule Brad icon_question  I am jonesing for some more ribs  icon_biggrin icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

BB I'm down till september. Nothing on the schedule til then

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Ok, several reasons why attendance has dropped. First, there was a layoff of over a year, and people started fishing central texas. The layoff was nobodys fault, just life and stuff happens. Second, the website is rarely updated so if I'm interested and visit the website and its not current then what info do I get? None. Third, when you're a week out or two weeks out and details aren't finalized people won't come. Some folks plan months in advance. Just like our bbq schedule, I know where I'm cooking in september as early as january. Other tourney organizations have more $$$ as well. I will relate it to bbq again. If I don't have the chance to at least re-coup expenses then I don't go. When you throw money in the mix there is more to it then just fishing. You're trying to win. If you just wanna fish then just go fish. People who fish tournies competively go where the money is, no they aren't trying to get rich or make a living but want a shot at breaking even. Let's talk expenses. Gas, boat and truck to an average tourney at twok. That's $150 to fill up truck and boat. Lodging if I choose to, another $50 or so, food another $20-25, it keeps adding up. If I don't have a chance to recoup I won't go. So there are a lot of variables. Is it any one persons fault? Not really, just a bunch of different variables. Don't think any of it has to do with turning there backs on anything.

I do understand what you are saying, some of the tournements are pretty far, and it does cost to go to them, seemed to me that Lavon, Tawokoni, and Cooper were the ones that had the most attendance, and Cooper is 3 1/2 hours for me, Lavon is an hour and a half to East Fork, and Tawokoni is over 2 hours, It would be nice if all of the tourneys were closer for me too, but it seems like the further east you go the better the fishing, thanks for commenting Brad, and maybe things will get better and people will start to come back and start fishing the tourneys again, the more people that fish the more money that is in the pot,

Good Luck to Ya!!!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I have had similar issues as well.  My kids have gotten older and things are usually scheduled on Saturday which doesn't help.  This year was hard on the pocketbook and justifying travel was tough.  I am much less likely to travel much anymore because it isn't worth the payoff.  Things were best when they were all close and we would gather and have good time.  Seems like the rules changed also and a couple of them not to my liking.  I hate tying knots in the boat almost as much as I hate sitting in the boat.  Work has also gotten hectic and I would trade some of the tourney stress for a relaxing day on the water.  Then there is the matter of not being able to prefish and watching other folks live on a lake for weeks before.  Lots of things have changed since my diehard day a few years back.  Time is the biggest killer.  No bait runs and prep like I could do before. 

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Does anyone going to this have room for or want a tagalong? I can bring bait and whatever else needed.

I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Does anyone going to this have room for or want a tagalong? I can bring bait and whatever else needed.

What happened to yer partner Kes?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Just not up to fishing an unknown lake at night... icon_lol me neither, I still want to fish it though!

I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

It's a shame that everybody seems to have turned their backs on NTTC,

Just saw this..............So I will coment

I fished every tourney in 09'-10' season. We made a commitment to Ken and D that we would and we stuck to it. We worked at it and had some LUCK and made more $$ than we spent and had a good time( should have made allot more at the 2nd T-wok , but Mikeb screwed that up icon_cool). But we did start to get the feeling that it was a shrinking club as the year went along and we saw less and less show up. We had several discussions on why folks were not showing up. I would see folks post on here,,,,," might be there",,,, " sure wished I could there",,,,,,, "looks like its going to be windy",,,, "dam job may not let me go" and so on...I am not saying that there was not some viable reasons in there that PREVENTED folks that wanted to go fish a tourney... But the fact still remains that if there was more people that really wanted to show up they would find a way.  I fished 3 of them this year as well  . I have very limited days off this year. I chose to make about 1/2 of them . Then fun fish when I wanted. Does that make me part of the problem?  Maybe so..
      I also believe that more would show up if it was promoted,promoted, promoted more as well. Not many pre tourney gatherings,  If there was sponsors with money that would help too. If the lakes were closer and familiar to allot of folks that would build confidence in people that may hessatate to enter. (I know its not the LLFF Trophy cats) I can say that on here and not feel bad because Ken and I have had this dicussion. I have told him what I think...  and I dont think I am bashing.

My Point is , I will not just sit back and blame the fisherman for not showing up any more. There are reasons that they dont make it a top prioraty to commit to it. Correct some of the issues and more folks will come.
Larry , ya know I like you and think youre a good guy, so dont take my next statement personnal. One thing I dont think will work is trying to guilt people into particapating .

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:50:26 PM by jjason »

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Well said Jason! I started the 09-10 season with full intentions of fishing all of them, then my partner ended up moving after the lavon tourney. Maybe having him pre-fishing in sub freezing temps played a role in that. Then the last two years we've started back up the BBQ competition trail. I simply can't afford to do both hobbies so a choice was made to pick one. I'm not ruling out doing one from time to time, but as far as full time goes, I'm out unless I hit the mega millions jackpot!

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

I also believe that more would show up if it was promoted,promoted, promoted more as well.

Not many pre tourney gatherings 

One thing I dont think will work is trying to guilt people into particapating .

Very few know how many paid less hours i had invested and tatics to promote my tournaments

the gathering is why people showed up for a number of reasons and the tournament was just the excuse for the gathering. i could go on about the friendships,many of the friendships you see on this forum is becuase of it. the reason nttc forum section is on several of llf top 10 list and one of the newest sections is becuase of these gatherings and friendships.

a newbie to the game will def not guilt any of the guys that started,supported and put catfishing tournaments in north tx on the map. 

i put several years in and countless hours to get things where i was drawing in 30+ boats.i had a system. took trial and error. gonna take ken and d some hard work and hours to get their system down. if they stick with it they will get the turnouts up.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I am sorry that you think I am trying to put you on a guilt trip,

But I wanted some feedback on why nobody is showing up anymore, I appreciate your input, and maybe it will help with some ideas on things to help the club, with no input and not much idea why things are not going very well it is only a guessing game, if you have any more suggestions I would like to hear them,

I would really like to see the NTTC get bigger, and better, and to see all of you guys out there again, there is nothing in it for me except that I want to learn how to catch catfish from the best, and that is you guys,

Thanks,

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: