Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 09:08:22 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
water levels  (Read 4182 times)

Lunker Extreme

With the nice downpour last Monday and lastnight's rain, I was hoping the water levels would come up a little more that it did, but I guess I'm expecting too much... icon_confused icon_frown

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

ground has to get saturated 1st so we could get some of that run off  icon_biggrin

-------------------------
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true? friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

We need several days of slow steady rain to see anykind of difference.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Good news is we only have went a little over 1/2 in the last 30 days. Bad news is the Texas summer is upon us and we are likely to see that every week to 10 days I would think with no rain. I just did my daily rain dance  icon_razz

Steven Stanley

www.stanleylawncare.net
972-977-8617
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

The only good thing I can see if the water levels get as low as they were a couple of years ago is that I might have a chance to recover the two fishing poles & reels that my wife and son have dumped into Lavon

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I really hope April and May bring us some good rain. It was really sad to see how dry it was a few years back and to see cows grazing where there was normally about 8' of water, Also I want to be able use my boat.

the only good that may come out of a drought is that I can take the camera and take pictures of the structure.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I heard the forecast for the next 3 months is below average precipitation - this was on NPR this morning while driving to work.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Forecast is looking pretty good for some rain within the next 7 days... Two days next week right now have a 60% chance... Keeping my fingers crossed..

Steven Stanley

www.stanleylawncare.net
972-977-8617
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

man, we've got the nice clouds and the humidity, all we need is a nice rain that lasts a full day or two.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

then we really will mess up your lawn  icon_razz icon_mrgreen icon_lol

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true? friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

then we really will mess up your lawn  icon_razz icon_mrgreen icon_lol

I knew somebody would say that...  icon_lol

I can't wait until the fence is done,,, it's been a thorn in my "side" for a year now.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

From what I heard yesterday, it rained HARD for a couple of hours around Allen, McKinney and Wylie yesterday....  hope this helps... suppose to rain again tonight...

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

From what I see, everything that is going in is coming out just as fast. With nothing coming from Texoma it appears Lavon is totally dependent on rain.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

few hours of rain here and there ain't gonna do nuthin for lady lavon. It will take a 6 to 8 inch rain over a couple of days North of Mckinney to get her filled up. Anything less is just gonna mitigate further decreases and ain't gonna fill r up!  icon_rolleyes icon_frown

Come June and over the summer the lake will start droppin 1/2 inch per day if not more! Surprisingly most of this will be to evaporation and not usage. Without major rain soon, the lake is gonna start gettin a lot smaller in the next 4 to 5 months. icon_frown

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Like the weather, we have no control over the water level. Like David said, without steady rain Lavon will get way low this summer. Just have to make the best of it.

I do know that with the lake low, those cats won't be too hard to find this summer. Gotta keep at least enough water for EF marina to stay afloat though.

Clean fish and feed someone for the day....teach someone to clean fish and enjoy a CAB while someone else cleans the fish!
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: