Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 03:06:50 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
I might as well ask,,,  (Read 12823 times)

Lunker Extreme

anyone willing to help a fellow LFF member replace a fence?

I'll buy all the beer you can drink and order food.  I have a partially torn rotator cuf so I need some help getting rid of my damaged fence and putting up a new one...

I mostly need help removing the old one and putting up the new posts, I will put up the pickets...

I figured I had nothing to lose by asking and hoping for the best.

Thanks.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

When and where?

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

this weekend or the weekend after... or even the weekend of the 23rd.

Thanks.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

jager.... you got eveything needed to replace a fence and get the old posts and concrete out of the holes  icon_question

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

No sir,

I will be getting the material, Posts, Pickets etc... in the next few days. I'm just hoping to recruit some folks first.

I don't really know what else I need either. the old one is pretty wore out and can be dismantled by hand.

I know I need and Auger as well but that can be rented from the Home Depot.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

definately gonna need a rock bar if your removin a old one .... i take it they are woodin posts and some of them are rotted and snapped

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

definately gonna need a rock bar if your removin a old one .... i take it they are woodin posts and some of them are rotted and snapped

correct, but once the panels are removed I'm pretty sure we can push them back and forth and lift them off the ground. some are broken but do we really need to put the new posts where the old ones are?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

if the ground is wet, you can move them around and then pull them out, otherwise it is just a hernia waitin to happen.  icon_lol

if the old holes are in the right place, then why wouldn't you just clean them out and reuse them.  No auger required - maybe a  sharp shooter is all you need. 

We just recently did this at church, but the new fence was chain link and we had somebody donate one of them contraptions that just pushes the posts in the ground and you are done.  No digging.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

tell me when. Use a tractor jack they pull right out. icon_eek

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

tell me when. Use a tractor jack they pull right out. icon_eek

Thank you, for the offer. I may take you up on that.
I need help getting rid of the old fence and set the new posts in the concrete,,,, I can take then my time and put the pickets up a few at a time.
I was in Physical Therapy today and told the PT lady what I was about to do and she said I should ABSOLUTELY NOT do any hammering or heavy lifting with my arm...   icon_frown the trouble is I'm a lefty and it's my left shoulder too. called a contractor and no way I can afford to pay that much. Had I known this was going to happen I would NOT have bought my boat.

Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:57:07 PM by Jager
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Tied up this weekend But I have a nail gun to nail the pickets up with.Also I would consider useing pipe for post it don't rot off

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

I can probally help sunday if not you are welcome to use my nail gun would have to look may even have some nails for it.It is a coil nailer will nail wood privacy fences and hardy plank

Cooncrazy1

Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Tied up this weekend But I have a nail gun to nail the pickets up with.Also I would consider useing pipe for post it don't rot off

what pipe?
where do I get it and what's the price compared to metal fence posts?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

give me a call 214-585-8437

Cooncrazy1

Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

2'' cylone fence post not sure of the price it makes alot straighter fence more durable they sell a bracket for it to attach the 2x4's to

Cooncrazy1

Alot is even better
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up

Jump to: