Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2018, 12:18:17 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Swim in Lavon  (Read 2929 times)

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

I lost my balance and took a swim in Lavon last Friday. We were drifting. No life vest but I had a life belt on. I remember being under water and wondering where the inflaton cord was located.  I reached lower and found it. Pulled it and drifted up to the surface. then I had to figure out how to drag my 67 year old body back into the boat. I want to thank who ever suggested using the motor for a step. I found out the biggest draw back to a life belt was getting back into the boat. That big ballon around my belly kept hanging up. I had to unhook it and take it off. I stepped on the motor stabalizer and with an assist from my buddy, I slide on to the deck. Luckily it was 72 degrees and no wind, so I never did get chilled. Even the 55 degree water did not seem that bad. I tossed my wet clothes in the bed of the truck and put on some warm dry clothes from the truck. I was lucky not to be any worse for the wear. I have a full vest that I wear when we are under way.

Also from suggestons here and on TV, I pulled the battery out of my cell phone as soon after I got in the boat.  When I got home, I buried the phone in rice for a day and a half. When I put the battery back in, the inside screen was blurred, the outside screen did not work and only about half the functions worked. I buried it in rice for 2 more days. Everyhing on the phone works now, including both screens.

I am glad I did not do this on a windy or a cold day.

Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:18:29 PM by NLester

-------------------------
Neil
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

glad to here u r ok

Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Wow glad your ok, that could of been bad icon_eek always hate hearing about this type of thing but it is reality glad you remembered what you read on the motor trick

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Sorry about the swim. Glad you are OK that can be a scary moment :oops:I know first hand in much colder weather and water

Jim
Fishing Time is my Chilling Time!
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Glad you are alright. As for your phone, if you have an older computer monitor or a TV with the heat vents, you can place your electronics on the vents and that will also dry them out. (sometimes) I read somewhere DO NOT USE A HAIR DRYER.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Yikes, glad you're alright Neil!

I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

glad you made it safely back out of that water neil  icon_cool

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

woah glad youre ok neil. scary stuff.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

glad u r alright

one mans dink is another mans trophy
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Glad that everything turned out allright and you made it out safely