Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 11:28:42 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
has any body been catching any shad shallow yet?  (Read 2618 times)

Lunker Extreme

getting a new net tomorrow have lost so many in wrc that im done there ! just wondering if they are shallow on these warm afternoons. or if any body has any skip jack they could part with? if any body is tired of throwing a net i would be more than happy to toss it for  you for a little bait?? cant wait till there shallow again.  any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks and good luck out there this weekend.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I've only been throwing around boat ramps without any luck.

-------------------------
William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

thanks for the reply, how far out have you been throwing? im not affraid to get wet and walk out ?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

From the bank, I don't wade much.  I've also been throwing from the  boat starting at about 8ft and continue until I'm just about throwing out of the water.   I'm currently using frozen shad from my last WRC trip.

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

caught all i needed today in 12' in just a few casts after i found em on si

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

must be nice with the si ! thanks for the info guys

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

only shad from the bank today came from w by the damn, only caugfht two tho. had to buy frozen and they where small maybe an inch long but a nice day out!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Any shad reports from the shallow? Heading out this weekend and would prefer not to head to WRC to get bait, if they are even still in there... I would also be willing to barter for bait lol    icon_mrgreen icon_mrgreen

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

been able to get smaller ones in mallard the last 2 times I tried, but 4 inches was the biggest and you had to throw, but maybe all that changes this week if we can stabilize the darned temps.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks... I am going to try and get out there Friday evening around sundown to see if I can find them. Don't want to wait till Saturday morning. My trips with anything other than fresh shad have been non productive to say the least.

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: