Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 11:58:31 PM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Skipjack-herring for sale!!!!!  (Read 5666 times)

Minnow

Hey guys this is Dennis Cobb and I need some input. For those of you who don't know me, I have been Jered Mounger's fishing partner for the last 3 years. I am from Alabama originally and have family that lives 25 minutes from Joe Wheeler.
I have aquired the means of supplying skipjack-herring on a regular basis to this area if there is enough interest. Those of you who have used this bait know what an advantage it is to have!! I have already obtained my bait license and would like to make this awesome bait available to everyone who would be interested.
I am still trying to work out the details on bait size and shipping cost to get them here. Currently it looks like the most affordable size/quanity would be bait in the 7 to 8 inch range. At this size I could sell 12 pieces of bait for $20.00, this amount could last you the whole day and would still be considered big bait.
Like I said earlier, "I am looking for input" not currently taking orders. Please reply with suggestions/comments on size, quanities and pricing.
Thanks,
Dennis

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Proud grandpa of Lavon Jr. Record holder. 48.75#

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Capt. Larry

Capt. Larry's Guide Service
 972-743-0607
capt.larrylawley@yahoo.com

http://www.capt-larry-east-texas-fishing-guide.com/index.html

Don't work too hard, play when you can and fish every chance you get.
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Sounds like a good idea, how fresh are they, are they frozen?

Top Bottom  

Minnow

Catfishjack....I will have to have them frozen to be shipped here. Skipjack will hold up to freezing as well as big gizzards, maybe even better. My plan is to vacuum seal each package of bait. As long as you break the vacuum before you thaw them they will hold up well.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Sounds like a good idea to me for the winter time when you looking to start?

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I have never used it, but I would give it a try. Lately my bait has been buffalo from fiesta. I go buy a big ol' fish for $5 to $8.

Top Bottom  

Minnow

Thanks for the input guys!! I'm going to give it a few more days of questions and comments. If the responses continue to be positive I will get it started.
 I'm hoping to keep the price affordable. When you figure in the time to catch, ship and package them I'm really not sure exactly what my cost is going to be. One thing I am sure of is the quality skipjack-herring for catfish bait.....AWESOME!!!!
 Keep the replies and questions coming. I'll try to reply and consider all of them so we can all benefit in some way.
Thanks again,
Dennis

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I'm definitely up for some.  I moved from Louisiana and it worked very well on the Red River.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I would give them a shot, you never know...

Don Elkins
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

How long do they last frozen?

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

pb blue 54, pb flathead 46

yes please icon_razz

I do all in honor of HIM
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

i would try it.

Top Bottom  

Minnow

Okay guys, from all the positive feedback I've gotten I am going to go forward with this. Unfortunately due to some minor details it will be about 2 weeks before I can get the bait here. After I get it here I am going to give some to a few friends that are guides for performance evaluation.
 I have used skipjack before and after it has been frozen and noticed no difference in it's performance. I need to see how it does with shipping on dry ice as well as get shipping times down. I want to have it here as fresh as possible and make sure it's going to be a quality product before I will even consider selling it!!
Thanks to all for the input.....Dennis

Bonus: I will include one of Jered Moungers waypoints with each purchase. I AM JUST KIDDING!!!!

Top Bottom  

Minnow

I should have the bait in by the 26th of January....I'll try to keep everyone updated!!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I want some I want some

Saints Fan !!!
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: