Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2017, 01:15:25 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Retired Allen Fisherman looking for a fishing partner  (Read 2347 times)

Lunker

I am a 65 years old and recently retired; also recently moved to Allen from PA (my kids and only grandchild live in this area). I am close to Lake Lavon and plan to do a lot of fishing on Lavon. I'm not dedicated to any particular fish or style of fishing. I enjoy it all! I recently purchase a 18+ foot center console boat that is powered by a 115hp 4 stroke engine. I am still working at getting the boat setup the way I want it. I have added a combo fish finder/GPS and have a 80# thrust trolling motor that has not been installed yet (it appears that it will be quite a job to install it, but I think that I have a plan). I am interested in hooking up with someone who can fish on week days and sometimes on rather short notice if the conditions look good. I would expect that someone to be able to share expenses for bait, etc. when appropriate and help with boat launching and retrieval.
I can offer very little Lavon experience but do have a fairly wide array of tackle and have fished all of my life for various species of fish in various parts of the country. It would be great to hook up with someone that has local knowledge, but that isn't absolutely necessary. I will learn by  doing; success and failures. I also do quite a bit of bank fishing this time of year and am interested in partners who are into slinging bait and hoping for a big cat, or whatever. If you are interested in the same shoot me a message to my email and tell me who you are and what you are interested in.

-------------------------
Ed
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

i am also retired live in blue ridge bank fish alot mainly catfish year around if you want to join us sometime 214 733 4424 cell

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Sounds great. I will give you a call.

Ed
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Flathead R&R Lake Record Holder

Sounds like you need some Bee Ready rod holders and you'll be set to get into some of Lavon's big blues.  Lotsa good sandbass fishing on Lavon and I hear there are some keeper Crappie in Lavon but I've never found 'em.  Welcome aboard.  I only fish weekends until Summer Break but you'll learn almost everything you need to by reading up on this forum.

Records are made to be broken...
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Yes, Bee Ready Rod Holders are on the list. I'll have to figure out what makes sense for the setup before I buy. The boat has a stainless rail around it so I can probably just attach to the rail. I'm not sure how many and where though. Hopefully some of you guys on the forum can advise.

Ed
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Flathead R&R Lake Record Holder

As many as you can fit.  If you have the round railings I'd advise some kind of cloth or tape to minimize the scratching.  I have 19 on my 15' boat.  Take a look at the website for some pics of examples.  Tight lines.

Records are made to be broken...
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Take your boat over to Ed's in Lucas (Proangler Tackle w/ the Bee readies) and he will get you set up! He has helped out a lot of people with the best bases and set ups.

You gotta go fishin if you wanna catch some fish....
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

T-wok 30#

Ed is a good guy

Cooncrazy1

A little slime never hurt anyone.
Alot is even better
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Thanks for the input on the rod holders everyone. I will look up Ed to get set up.

Ed
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: