Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 06:26:44 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Bow Season  (Read 2098 times)
Lunker

How many people out there like to bow hunt? I can't wait until opening weekend. I have killed several deer with a bow, but have yet to take a big deer with it. I had a deer show up at the end of the season. He was a solid 8-point and I hope I can get within 30 yards of him this year. The time is date is wrong on the camera. It was actually the first week in January.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Your local supplier of no-roll weights!

Haven't gotten anything yet with the bow, we just got back this past weekend from filling the feeders for the season. Getting closer....

-------------------------
Extreme Catfish Angler (I live for the screaming clicker)
Chase "Gibby" Gibson

www.northtexastrophycats.com
www.proanglertackle.com
www.beereadys.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i have killed a few deer with a bow but nothing worth bragging about. I really dont enjoy it much due to the heat and the bugs. i kinda use bow season as a excuse to go early and for rifle scouting

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Lunker

I've killed a few with my bow. There is no bigger rush but like jjason stated the bugs and heat can become overwhelming at times. icon_rolleyes Thermacell helps a bunch though. icon_biggrin 18" 9-point is my biggest to date, haven't seen anything worth shooting the last couple of years.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

I agree with y'all. It is usually still pretty warm during October. Any time in the woods is a good time to scout. I will usually try and kill a doe and get meat in the freezer during bow season. If a nice buck steps out, I will send an arrow in his direction for sure. RD: an 18" 9-point sounds like a good deer with a bow! I missed my chance at a really nice 8-point on opening morning last year. Got busted drawing on him. My brother and I both saw him later in the year, so hopefully he will be around this year.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I live to bowhunt. Cant wait for october to get here. Even when rifle season starts it will be the Mathews going to the woods with me.

Top Bottom  
Lunker

Have not graduated to a Matthews yet. Still shooting a 5 year old PSE and it is still performing like a champ.
I agree with you Jiggy, the only time I take out the rifle is when I get out to West Texas. I hunt in the Snyder area with the rifle and it is mostly winter wheat and cotton. Not to many bow shots on this setup. I usually bow hunt on a small 115 acre patch in Stephens County just North of Ranger. Deer, turkey and hogs. The deer in the first post is one from the place in Stephens County. I am headed out there this weekend. The pigs have been visiting the feeders on a regular basis and I need to scare them a little bit. September will not go by fast enough!!!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: