Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2018, 01:23:42 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Morons  (Read 3060 times)

Minnow

I'm new to boating but I cannot figure this one out. I'm over by the island fishing about 50 yards off of the bank, 20ft over some brush (doh I gave away a hot spot). I have my marker on the brush pile. Some jackass comes barreling through pulling a wake boarder right over my marker and between me and the bank. This is like 10ft deep and right past my fishing boat. This is the second time in a month this has happened. Common sense would dictate...this is freaking unsafe and stupid. What the hell is up with these people??? At what point do you throw your anchor in their boat??? Not attached to mine of course icon_smile

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Your local supplier of no-roll weights!

Copy their TX numbers down and report them. Other then that not much you can do.....

-------------------------
Extreme Catfish Angler (I live for the screaming clicker)
Chase "Gibby" Gibson

www.northtexastrophycats.com
www.proanglertackle.com
www.beereadys.com
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

Tx numbers no good unless you got good clear video of the act. Get used to it will happen again. I have had more problems with fisherman this year than skiers icon_eek
Metromess mentallity i guess

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Just SMILE AND WAVE BOYS, SMILE AND WAVE.........  icon_lol     Just focus on fishing in the fall and winter once they leave the lake.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Most of them are spoiled brats driving daddy's boat, and haven't been educated on proper boat ediquette, due to the parents probably don't have any boat etiquette.  Most pleasure boaters don't, not all, but most don't.  Just have a rod rigged with a 3oz no roll, and if their in casting distance, it's just an accident if they get hit..  At least that's my story..  Hitting the boat and dinging it would probably hurt them more...  Aim for the boat...

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Just have a rod rigged with a 3oz no roll, and if their in casting distance, it's just an accident if they get hit..  At least that's my story..  Hitting the boat and dinging it would probably hurt them more...  Aim for the boat...
[/quote]

Did that years ago on lake whitney. Water skiers launch up at the park by the bridge. Then ski down to the damn. circle the fishing boats and sounding the fish. 1 day there was 2 boats and about 8 bank fishermen. All of us were nailing stripers with almost every cast. This damn boat pulling a skier is getting too close . We started waving him off. Instead he circled my boat and kept his eyes on me and smiling the whole time. I had this happen several times. I was ready for this a-hole. I grabbed my 9' rod which I had previously tied a 3oz weight to. I let her fly. a few seconds later I heard this loud bang. I'de hit his boat. He dropped his skier and starts heading my way cussing and telling me what he's going to do to me.
I told him that when he gets with 50' of my boat I was going to load my 9mm and blast a clip into his boat. Then I was going to reload and do it again.  I didn't have my 9 with me butt he didn't know that. Firearms are forbidden on army corp lakes. He proceeds to tell me he's going to go get his shot gun and return.
That 1 pass caused a huge school of stripers to sound. Fishing in that area was dead the rest of the day.

Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:05:51 PM by Sawdust48
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

technically they may not have broken the law.  Was his wake dangerous?  I don't know who would interpret that.  There is rude, and there is dangerous.   If you didn't fall off your boat or almost get hurt or swamped in some way it may not be found to be dangerous.  Again, I don't know who interprets that.  especially if you took a picture.

Was he within 50 feet? Probably not..that is pretty dang close for a boat to whiz by you go 20 MPH.  I suspect he looked close (close enough to be rude) but wasn't within 50 feet... just guessing...

again, I am not saying it wasn't rude, but may not have been illegal.  The north side of the island is a pretty popular place to hang out for non-fisherman.  I do it as well, but we putt in with no wake..... it is amazing how many don't..... people who cruise in on half plane drive me insane.  It can get pretty stacked up on Saturday afternoon.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: