Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 02:56:58 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Shad today  (Read 2416 times)

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

I may have learned something today. I don't mind getting my feet wet but today I finally decided that my puny casts were not paying off. I only had two gizzards. Since I have not been able to get distance and my net to open also, I walked out and got my knees wet. 2 nice gizzards on the next toss. After that the gizzards were hard earned but I would make 3 throws, get a couple of gizzards and then let my self and the shad rest. In the next half hour, I managed to put a couple of pounds of gizzards in the bucket before my wife called me and reminded me that I was suppose to be home by 9 am. I don't know if this will be a pattern or not, but I enjoyed today. I released all the hookers for an other day. Lake Highlands boat ramp.

-------------------------
Neil
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Not bad. I was throwing behind East Fork marina on friday. Pulling up 4-5 each throw. all about 4" - 6" This was late afternoon around 5ish.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

Last Wednesday was great in mid morning. A lot of hookers that I let go and a couple of pounds of gizzard shad. Still wading out on the ramp to throw.

-------------------------
Neil
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

lots of gizzard shad pebble beach along the point walk out knee deep all you want from 4 to 10 inches long no hookers! was late afternoon around 6pm icon_biggrin

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: