Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2018, 01:36:02 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Tried Lucas Ed's fun noodle  (Read 2134 times)

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

I made 6 of Lucas Ed's fun noodles. Caught 2 catfish on first attempt.

One errror - I did not want to go into Dallas for white rod covers, so I used Target swim noodles. I used the larger sized noodle and this made the top too heavy to stick straight up when a fish hit. It works fine but the noodle sticks up at about a 45 degee angle. I probably should have added 2 inches to the length of the PVC rod and possible added 1 inch to the 1/2 inch steel dowel.  Or I could have shortened the length of the noodle when  I cut it. I think this would have made the noodle stand up straighter when a fish was on it.

Since I did not want to go get the white covers, I painted the ends of the noodles white and wrapped the sides of the noodle in white duct tape. I will see how this holds up. So far it is doing fine. I will report back in 3 or 4 months  to see how the duct tape holds up.

I was not certain how to tie the plastic beads on the line for the trout line clips. I passed the line trought each bead, circled around the beed and passed the line through again.  This seem to work well and will allow me to adjust them if necessary,

-------------------------
Neil
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I made some like that several years ago & I covered the orange noodles with white shelf liner & clear packaging tape,& they are still in tact today. icon_cool

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: