Lake Lavon Fishing
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 23, 2018, 11:37:16 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Tried Lucas Ed's fun noodle  (Read 2006 times)

Lunker Extreme

Learning one step at a time

I made 6 of Lucas Ed's fun noodles. Caught 2 catfish on first attempt.

One errror - I did not want to go into Dallas for white rod covers, so I used Target swim noodles. I used the larger sized noodle and this made the top too heavy to stick straight up when a fish hit. It works fine but the noodle sticks up at about a 45 degee angle. I probably should have added 2 inches to the length of the PVC rod and possible added 1 inch to the 1/2 inch steel dowel.  Or I could have shortened the length of the noodle when  I cut it. I think this would have made the noodle stand up straighter when a fish was on it.

Since I did not want to go get the white covers, I painted the ends of the noodles white and wrapped the sides of the noodle in white duct tape. I will see how this holds up. So far it is doing fine. I will report back in 3 or 4 months  to see how the duct tape holds up.

I was not certain how to tie the plastic beads on the line for the trout line clips. I passed the line trought each bead, circled around the beed and passed the line through again.  This seem to work well and will allow me to adjust them if necessary,

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I made some like that several years ago & I covered the orange noodles with white shelf liner & clear packaging tape,& they are still in tact today. icon_cool

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: