Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 06:25:35 AM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Dock Monster  (Read 4421 times)

LLF Fishing Addict

Jason, you better watch out.....you done got some competition!  icon_razz icon_cool icon_biggrin

Rgat there is a kicker fish icon_mrgreen

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker

pb 55 lbs.

What size hook were you using?  icon_mrgreen icon_rolleyes icon_mrgreen

This is what I look like when I call in sick to work......
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

clip the tips of the fins with a pair of side cutters prior to removing it from the hook.  That will prevent the points from sticking you, but watch out for the barbs on the pec fins, then can slice you as well.  Keep a glove in your tackle box and slip it on when remove the hook.  A few extra minutes will save you a couple of days of pain...

MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

Lunker

Hindsight is 20/20 because I am hurting bad! My finger looks horrible! Stupid little fish! I was using a pretty big hook and big bait actually so I have no idea why I caught this little guy. I admire his tenacity.  icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

watch for infection!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

A little Epson salt will take the swelling/pain down... That triple antiobiotic cream as well... I hate when I get stuck by one.. Hurts for days...

Steven Stanley
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Got me right in the joint. It may have been a small fish but it stung like a 75lber!  icon_lol Thank you for the tips!

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

I was dumping a bucket of fish after I cleaned them and a fin went in at the base of my finger nail and came out behind my middle knuckle on my ring finger. icon_eek

I asked a guy at the ramp to help me pull it out and he almost pucked icon_mrgreen  He didn't want no part of it.

The worst part, it was after a morning trip and my afternoon customers were already there waiting to go out. I pulled it out and with some duct tape and a rag, I made it through he day.  To this day, that knuckle still hurts.

Jerry
Bee Ready Pro Staff
ProAnglerTackle Pro Staff
www.ProAnglerTackle.com
Top Bottom