Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2018, 07:48:52 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Lewisville Tournement & get together Oct 24th  (Read 5040 times)

Lunker Extreme

2010-2011 NTTC Rookie of the Year

This is a get together and a small fun Tournement, probably not a lot of people going to be there, but you are invited to come and join us, you can go to the other forum to find out any details, hope to see you there!!!

Entry Fee: $25.00 per Team for Channel Cat Tourney
$25.00 per Team for Blue Cat Tourney
$5.00 per Team of each entry in category entered into Big Fish Pot (NOT EXTRA)
100% payout in each category
• 1st place: 70% cash payout
• 2nd place: 20% cash payout
• 3rd place: 10% cash payout
• Big Fish: 100% cash payout from Big Fish Pot
• Other prizes will be awarded

Official Meet up Time for Tournament: 6:00am
Official Launch Site: Hidden Cove Park Launch Ramp at 6:30am

Weigh-In: Pavilion #2 at Hidden Cove Park at 4:00pm (SEE PARK MAP LINK LISTED ABOVE)

2009 CATFISH TOURNAMENT RULES

1. CHANNEL/BLUE CATFISH ONLY. CATCH UP TO A LEGAL LIMIT (25). TOP FIVE (5) FISH WILL BE WEIGHED PER PERSON OR TEAM.

2. YOU CAN ONLY WEIGH IN ALL BLUES OR ALL CHANNELS. YOU CAN ONLY WEIGH IN THE FISH IN WHICH YOU SIGNED UP FOR.

3. ROD FISHING ONLY. TEN (10) RODS MAY BE USED AT A TIME PER BOAT. TWO (2) HOOKS MAY BE USED ON EACH LINE.

4. NO JUGS, TROTLINES OR LIMB LINES ALLOWED. BANK FISHING IS ALLOWED.

5. CHUMMING AND BAITING HOLES WILL BE ALLOWED. TOP FIVE (5) FISH MUST BE ALIVE OR ICED TO BE WEIGHED.

6. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY LUNCH BREAK AT 11:00 AM. YOU MUST BE BACK INTO THE PAVILION SITE #2 BY 11:15 AM OR YOU AND YOUR TEAM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. THE 2ND PART OF THE TOURNAMENT WILL COMMENCE AT 1:00 PM.

7. WEIGH IN STARTS AT 4:00 PM AT PAVILION #2 AT HIDDEN COVE PARK. SCALES WILL CLOSE AT 4:30 PM SHARP. YOU MUST BE IN LINE TO WEIGH WITH FISH AT 4:30 PM OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEIGH-IN. CHRIS VAUGHN’S PHONE IS THE OFFICIAL TIME PIECE.

8. IF I DO NOT CONFIRM RECIEPT OF YOUR ENTRY FORM EITHER BY PHONE OR EMAIL THEN I DID NOT RECEIVE IT AND YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEIGH-IN.

9. ALL TEXAS STATE AND LAKE LAWS APPLY.

10. EACH ANGLER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING YOUR OWN CATCH. COOKS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO FRY THEM.

11. THIS WILL BE A FAMILY EVENT. TRAILERING ALLOWED. TEAMS MUST REMAIN WITH-IN 50 FEET OF EACH OTHER DURING TOURNAMENT.

12. PRE-REGISTER AMOUNT IS $25.00 CHANNEL CAT/$25.00 BLUE CAT FOR EACH TWO PERSON TEAM. FOUR ANGLERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN A BOAT BUT STRINGERS MUST BE KEPT SEPERATELY AND TWO SEPERAT $25.00 ENTRY FEES WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THAT BOAT. $5.00 WILL GO INTO THE BIG CATFISH POT AND PAYBACK IS 100%. ON SITE REGISTRATION ON THE MORNING OF THE EVENT IS AVAILABLE AT HIDDEN COVE PARK LAUNCH RAMP FOR AN ADDITIONAL $5.00 (THIS FEE WILL BE ADDED TO THE BIG FISH POT) BEFORE 6:30AM AND MUST BE PAID TO CHRIS VAUGHN, HOLLIE WOODWARD OR LYNNE. PREREGISTERED ENTRIES MAY BEGIN FISHING AT 6:00 AM AT ANY POINT ON THE LAKE.

13. BY SIGNING BELOW YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD ANY MEMBER OF THE TFF ANNUAL GET TOGETHER & FISH TOURNEY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OCCURRED DURING TOURNAMENT.

BOTH MEMBERS OF YOUR TEAM MUST SIGN BELOW. IF YOU CANNOT GET TO YOUR TEAMMATE TO SIGN, BE SURE TO WRITE A NOTE OF WHO YOUR TEAMMATE WILL BE ON THE NAME #2 SECTION AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY FILL OUT A ENTRY FORM OF THEIR OWN.

NAME #1 ______________________________________ TFF SCREEN NAME _______________________________

ADDRESS____________________________________________________ CITY_________________________________

STATE__________ZIP_____________ EMAIL ___________________________________________________________

SIGNATURE____________________________________________________

MINOR PARENT SIGNATURE_________________________________________ (required if team member is a under the age of 18)

NAME #2 ______________________________________ TFF SCREEN NAME _______________________________

ADDRESS____________________________________________________ CITY_________________________________

STATE__________ZIP_____________ EMAIL ___________________________________________________________

SIGNATURE____________________________________________________

MINOR PARENT SIGNATURE________________________________________ (required if team member is a under the age of 18)

MAIL COMPLETE ENTRY FORM AND CASH, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER TO:

CHRIS VAUGHN
2001 HOLLEMAN DR. W #234

(THERE WILL BE A $25.00 FEE ASSESSED FOR ALL RETURNED CHECKS)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RSVP FOR FISH FRY – PLEASE LIST THE TOTAL NUMBER TO ATTEND FISH FRY (FAMILY AND FRIENDS) _______________
FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT:
CHRIS VAUGHN: (817) 637-9793 --– WHISKERWRANGLER --- WHISKERWRANGLER@GMAIL.COM
TOMMY GRAVELY: GRAVELYBRATS@YAHOO.COM
HOLLIE WOODWARD: SET-THE-HOOK-HOLLIE

[/quote]

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

How will the slot work on Lewisville as it relates to tournaments?  If you can only keep one over 45 inches, it be bad if you caught several over 45 inches.  The slot should make tournaments interesting.

-------------------------
William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

How will the slot work on Lewisville as it relates to tournaments?  If you can only keep one over 45 inches, it be bad if you caught several over 45 inches.  The slot should make tournaments interesting.

I have contacted TPW about this and they will not release the slot for tournaments. As I read the rules it is one fish per person over 45 inches. That would be two per boat in a team tournament. I am checking with TPW on this to confirm.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Per Brian Van Zee TPWD-Inland Fisheries Regional Director- One fish over 45 inches per angler in a boat.

So for a 2 man team that means 2 fish over 45 inches.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Per Brian Van Zee TPWD-Inland Fisheries Regional Director- One fish over 45 inches per angler in a boat.

So for a 2 man team that means 2 fish over 45 inches.

that isn't an issue in most tourneys.   The biggy is none between 30 and 45.  That is what is going to level the playing field.  To give you an example, the Youth record on Lavon is 23 pounds.  The fish was 36 inches, so no 20 to 40 pound fish will be brought to the scales.  The is going to hurt the spectator draw as well.  They want to see big fish.  They will not get to see any 20s, 30s, and 40s.  That is a shame.  The 46# that I caught was about 42 inches long.  The 68# lake record on Lavon was 48.5 inches.  So it is going to take a heck of a fish to bring it to the scales based on the slot.  One fish over 45 inches may be the only fish that you need to win a tourney.  Not saying that is an easy thing to do.  Not an easy solution, in my mind on fishing tournies with these slots.  I like the slots limits overall, but it does change the outcome of a tourney for sure.

MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

The biggy is none between 30 and 45. 

This

They will not get to see any 20s, 30s, and 40s.

I will agree on the 30's and 40's but if the tournament is held during the winter months I still think there will be some short fat lower 20's brought to the scale.

Then again we are talking Lewisville. Trying to remember, but out of the 3 tournaments that I can remember there average winning weight was roughly 10-17 lbs a fish. So we are not really losing anything either.

I might be wrong on the above weights. I was at the scale for one of the weigh-ins the other two I read about because of stupid boat issues.  icon_mad

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

it just depends on the time of year for a tournament,lewisville had a 100+ stringer one time and the rest not so much. i   had tourneys on twok and the winning stringer at the last was over 200lbs and then a another was 17lbs total weight with a channel cat. timing is everything.  i like the slot limit becuase it still allows some big fish to be taken and culled but not harvested too bad and help the future of the species.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I would be curious to know how many of the 5 fish that Joe and Ed weighed in were over 45 inches in length.  I would suspect that most, if not all were under 45 inches.  That is my point.  If the slot were imposed on Twok, would those stringers have held up?  I know the 123 that we weighed in, all of our fish were in the slot, so we would have had to weigh in the 5 - 15s that we culled instead of the 20s that we weighed in.  Again, I ain't complaining about the slot from a recreational stand point, I am simply pointing out that the weigh-ins are going to be less of a spectator sport at lakes with these slots.  The anglers may have a heck of a day catching 30s and 40s, but only be able to bring 10s and 15s into the weigh in and HOPE to get that monster kicker...

MikeB

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I would be curious to know how many of the 5 fish that Joe and Ed weighed in were over 45 inches in length.  I would suspect that most, if not all were under 45 inches.  That is my point.  If the slot were imposed on Twok, would those stringers have held up?  I know the 123 that we weighed in, all of our fish were in the slot, so we would have had to weigh in the 5 - 15s that we culled instead of the 20s that we weighed in.  Again, I ain't complaining about the slot from a recreational stand point, I am simply pointing out that the weigh-ins are going to be less of a spectator sport at lakes with these slots.  The anglers may have a heck of a day catching 30s and 40s, but only be able to bring 10s and 15s into the weigh in and HOPE to get that monster kicker...

10 to 15 pound fish to most folks is a monster! Only us privlidged few who have experienced the thrill of the super monster fish will know the difference.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I hope you are right Mr. P

I started a new thread to keep from hi-jacking this one any further...

http://forum.lakelavonfishing.com/index.php?topic=14656.0

MikeB

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Tgravley caught a 36 lb Blue Saturday before last and it was 47" long out of Lewisville, I know the fish are not as fat now as they are in the winter, but it's not too long till the tournement!!!
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq199/lga043/TomGravleys36lbBlue.jpg
Lewisville Tournement & get together Oct 24th

Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:35:57 PM by Lga043
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

nice fish

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

That's a great photo!  That guys must be one heck of a photographer.  That fish was kind of thin.  It looked to be in good shape, but not a lot of thickness to it.  I'm hoping we see some benefit from the slot on Lewisville in a few years. 

Top Bottom  

Lunker

She is pretty skinny (although a very nice catch!).  I have found that Lavon blues are fatter than my Lewisville catches.  Not sure why as both lakes are loaded with shad.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

For some reason, I think Bobby must of seen that picture before, as a matter of fact, seems like I heard that he took the picture!!!

Good Luck Bobby,!!!

Did you cancel your trip with the deer so you can come to the get together???

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: