Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2018, 01:31:35 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Take-A-Soldier Fishing | Lake Grapevine | 11/14/09  (Read 2070 times)
Lunker

DAMs wife and super mommy

Hi Guys! Bobby-Catfishing sent me this way - I posted this in the Catfishing section and thought I would post it here too, if that's ok.
This year's Take-A-Soldier Fishing on Lake Grapevine is November 14th, 2009.
Right now we are in need of volunteer boaters and any military personnel that would like to attend. We've got everything covered for all participants. This is not a tournament - just a fun/relaxing day on the lake to take any active and veteran military personnel out fishing and show our appreciation for everything they do!

* Nov 14. 2009 (Saturday)
* 7am - 3:30pm (we can start at safe light, but for all intensive purposes 7am is the max launch out)
* The Vineyards Campground and Cabins on Lake Grapevine (we have a private group reservation - not open to the public, no ramp fees and plenty of room for everyone)
* Breakfast provided before you head out.
* Lunch at 11am - at The Vineyards Campground & Cabins pavilion - expect some of the best chili and fixin's you have ever tasted!
* Little Pete's and Silver Lake Marina will provide snacks for soldiers if you want to take a break while on the lake.
* Hotel rooms in Grapevine provided for soldiers (boaters: please let me know if you would like a room - I can only guarantee you one if there are any available)
* Swag/Gift bags from participating sponsors.

Boaters: All you need to bring is your boat and fishing gear. Please let me know how many soldiers you can accommodate on your boat and if you have a time frame.
Soldiers: All you need to bring is yourself. If you do not have a current fishing license, bring your military ID and Bass Pro-Grapevine will get you one - no charge.

Boater Registration here: http://www.jotform.com/form/90241429559
Service Member Registration here: http://www.jotform.com/form/90240025474

If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to contact me (contact info on the flyer below) - Thank you, Melanie (aka LakeLass)

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp130/lake_lass/tasf/111409/tasf-gvine-111409.jpg
Take-A-Soldier Fishing | Lake Grapevine | 11/14/09

Top Bottom  

Group: Pvt Pyle
LLF Fishing Legend

Yall - This is a great opportunity.  We need to give a little back here.  There are a lot of people with boats on this forum that are great fishers as well.  I have volunteered and know others have as well.  With the tragedy yesterday, please think about this.  Volunteer to take 1, 2, 3 soldiers out on Lake Grapevine next weekend.  Just take them out fishing.  Have fun.  They definitely need this getaway.  They protect us and will take a bullet or bomb just to keep us happy in America.  Melanie has set this up and it is a good way to show our thanks for them protecting us.  If nothing else, bring your boat, a fishing pole for 1, 2, 3 people and a hook and a worm.  These soldiers and veterans deserve this opportunity and to be honest, I am honored to be able to put a couple on my boat to take them out for the day.  A few hours of my time and gas is worth my freedom and happiness as an American.  Melanie - Thanks for doing this.  You, my friend, are a stand up individual!  Smiley

I will help yall however I can if you volunteer.  Bait (if I can find it), directions, a place to stay Friday night if you live too far away, help wiht the lake, whatever.

-------------------------
2007 Ranger 1750VS
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: