Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2018, 05:58:24 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
GUN SHOW  (Read 4550 times)

Lunker Extreme

FYI, for yall that dont no or would like to no  Gun Show this weekend at big town

-------------------------
Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

dang, I was gonna go with my dad.  what happened?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

dang, I was gonna go with my dad.  what happened?

Think you misread his post....... Gun show still on this weekend.

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.
It just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

oops I did misread it..nevermind, I'm an idiot  icon_cool

I focused on this part

no  Gun Show this weekend

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Yeah, Guess I should of used a comma instead of a space, hope i didnt upset u to much

Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

why waste time at any of those things? the prices suck even worse than in the stores...

seems like the gun shows are made for novice gun owners who like to go to and "think" they're getting a good deal when they're really paying the same or sometimes more for ammo and gun parts... most of the guns there are 20+ years old unless you're in the market for AR-15...

stay home or go hunting.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I haven't been to one of the "classic shows" in years but I want to go one place and see lots of different makes/models.  Pick 'em up and see how they feel etc etc.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

everyone is entilted to there opinon, I go to quite a few of them, and on most prices you are right, but I beg to differ,  this is just about the only place i get my ammo , maybe because of repeat business or the quanties that I buy, and Most of the guns that I buy and sell are from indivduals, there are good deals IF YOU LOOK for them

Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I go armed with a price list of the best prices online and at other retail outlets and then shop the whole gunshow then bargain with them.  I picked up 400 9mm jacketed hollow point bullets for reloading for 30% less than the best online price plus I saved on the wait and shipping.  Many of the online dealers are backlogged for months.  You have to really know your prices.  Everyone was willing to dicker a little on the prices.  Shortages have driven the prices up on everything - just a matter of time for them to come down a little.

If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
LLF Fishing Legend

Its kinda like going to a sports event in person...its just fun..sure you can watch football at home and always have the perfect view, food you like, cheap beer, no line at the restroom..but being there with a ton of other people jazzed up on the subject is an experience and that is what i think most go for. well that is the only reason i ever got to gun or boat shows..never plan to buy just like to look and be around the folks.

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

How i agree with that. My buddies and I usally make a day of it , starting with breakfast and hubbards in rowlet,  also Market hall is hosting gun show 26th and 27th of this month, AND I will be there.

Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

How i agree with that. My buddies and I usally make a day of it , starting with breakfast and hubbards in rowlet,  also Market hall is hosting gun show 26th and 27th of this month, AND I will be there.

That is a pretty good one.  And it is in a fairly nice place.  I hadn't been to big town before, that place is a little rough around the edges.  It got the job done..but was definitely on the rough side.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Prices?    You guys havent been to a gun show in Maine..
I went with my future father inlaw during a wedding we were supposed to go to..
Things were a little backwards,  all kinds of lever action winchesters.. all .44 mags, and 30-30's  cheap. like 150-300 bucks cheap.
Then there were only a handful of AKs and ARs.  EXPENSIVE.  500-600 for an old rusted AK< and 2K for an AR.

But then I saw the most beautiful M14 there,  looked like it was never even taken out of the box. Perfect in every way.. (1200 bucks)
...and a used m14 from vietnam there for like 800, but it looked like it wouldnt shoot straight anymore..

those guys trust thier .44 mags more than anything else. everybody that hunts has a .44mag rifle.  they put down 250 pound field dressed 8 points with them all the time.  I was like "Whhuuuuttt??"

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: