Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2018, 02:35:16 PM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
New Toys  (Read 8241 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

I'll be the odd one out and say if its for when your not home, and if she can get freaked out, I would go with a revolver.  Its easy, its not too big.  You can get a 38spl or something like that.  My point is that if there is a safety or a need to cock it, then that can be an obsticle in a time of panic that can allow an intruder to get to her.  A revolver can be pointed and shoot and there is no thinking behind it and normally never a jam or worry about clearing.  Thats just my 2 cents.  Use a semi auto for the test but get something for her that she doesn't have to think about if her lifes in danger.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Thats a good point...
I think I will try to get her a semi-auto though, something that does have at least one safety,   my cousin has a nice little .380 that is set up kind of like a 1911,  I brought it home to clean up one day, and she really took to it,  fit her nicely, she could hold the grip safety, and reach the other with her thumb without her hand being in the way of the slide when it kicks back..  Plus I like the idea of having more than 5-6 shots without fumbling on a reload.. I mean, whos gonna get up after one-two-three,  but if its multiple people, and its in a panic, Id like to be able to quickly drop-grab-click..

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

2010-2011 NTTC Rookie of the Year

Congrats,  I just bought my son a 40 cal Springfield XD40, has anyone had any experience with one of these, I have never been an auto man, I have a Super Blackhawk, and a Ruger Redhawk with a scope on it, but I don't know nuthin about the auto's,  I hope he likes it!!!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Man, you guys r sooooo lucky my wife wont even touch a gun.  icon_frown 

-------------------------
Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  

Lunker

Studies have shown that people who carry a .45 have small testicles.  icon_razz Nice 9s you got there!  You will have a blast with it.  Great day trip in spring: rowlett creek sand bass run coupled with a shooting session at garland public shooting range. Lots of fish in the creek right there by the range come spring.  And if the fish aren't cooperating you can take out your frustration on a target.  Have fun!   icon_biggrin

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:38:39 PM by gstrong82183 »
Top Bottom  

Lunker

icon_biggrin Those are some fine pieces ya'll got there. Ya'll will have plenty of good years firing those off. By the way "I think I'm in love with your wife"  icon_lol Congratz man on the guns and the wife!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:17:35 AM by jwbigtex »

I'm a Fishin;
Wish I was a Catchin!
“All of life’s problems can be solved with two things—duct tape and WD40. If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.”
National Rifle Association:  http://www.nra.com/
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

glock 19 might be a good choice , 15 in the clip and one in the pipe only saftey is built into the trigger by the way that is a 9mm, NEVER HAD A JAM OR MISS FIRE . yet. and thats my two cents   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone

Need more fishin time ??
                 GIVE ME A CALL
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

In regards to having to mess around with cocking the gun or a safety - that is the reason I got the Beretta PX-4's, they have a decocking lever which means when you jack a round into the chamber you simply push the lever down and the hammer falls forward but does not contact the firing pin and even cannot contact the firing pin in the uncocked position even if it is dropped on the hammer and the trigger is disengaged also.  Next you immediately push the lever back in the up position, now you have a round in the chamber and the hammer is uncocked but the gun has a double action trigger so the gun is safe and all you have to do is pull it out and start pulling the trigger - no cocking or safety to fiddle with.  I got a bunch of reloading supplies at a recent gun show and I reloaded 300 rounds of hot 9mm jacketed hollow points to practice with.  I wanted to practice with the same ammo I am going to use for self defense.

If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

WOOHOO!! We finally got our CHL's in the mail this week!!! icon_mrgreen Now my wife is inviting the kids to go to the range with us to practice.  P.S. Has anyone been up to the Cheaper Than Dirt store in McKinney?  I have heard they have pretty good deals.

If it only takes one truck for the government to haul off all your guns then you don't own enough guns!
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

congrats on CHL. My dad recently took the class as well.

I went to CTD when it first opened.  it is a nice store.  I like how they display the guns.  lots of ammo. i will like it more when they start stocking reloading supplies.

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: