Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2018, 01:31:17 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
It's bound to happen...  (Read 3134 times)

Lunker

...somebody else is going to get hurt on the lake.

Was fishing last night, and was making a run to the cove in between East Fork and Collin Park, where the building thingy that is buoyed off is.  Running pretty close to wide open.  Ski boat is off to my right, close to the bank, engine shut off, just sitting there.  When I get to about 100 yards of the boat, he fires up, idles for a few seconds, then takes off right in front of me.  I was probably less than 10 yards of hitting the skier behind the boat.  They got the what for. 

Was fishing the buoyed off house thingy at East Fork.  Sitting on the north east corner of the buoys, almost hitting it.  Along comes a ski boat, makes a run right at the buoy, then turns within feet of hitting it, and me.  They too, got the what for.

The second situation was nothing more than disrespect.  I understand they have a right to be on the water as well.  The operator of the boat had to have seen me, as he was heading directly at me.  The first situation, however, was sheer stupidity and could have been really ugly had I not slowed down and turned as much as I could without throwing myself out of the boat.

You have to a license to drive a car; oh how I want for the days when you have to have one to drive a boat.

-------------------------
"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing."  Babylonian Proverb
Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

You have to a license to drive a car; oh how I want for the days when you have to have one to drive a boat.

where you been driving?thats where i wanna be driving! i still see idiots all day long driving a car with a license.  i'm waiting for a chip that can be installed in the brain that gives common sense.

you gotta watch MOST of them skiers. becuase MOST of them are not watching for you icon_rolleyes  i'd rather fish around 100 bass fisherman than 10 skiers icon_mrgreen

Top Bottom  

Lunker

where you been driving?thats where i wanna be driving! i still see idiots all day long driving a car with a license.  i'm waiting for a chip that can be installed in the brain that gives common sense.

you gotta watch MOST of them skiers. becuase MOST of them are not watching for you icon_rolleyes  i'd rather fish around 100 bass fisherman than 10 skiers icon_mrgreen

I get the humor in your post, but I guess what I mean is that when you get a license for a car, you have had some sort of instruction and had to sit in a classroom and had to take a written test.  Boats aren't like cars, obviously, and handle differently.  We all know that. 

The only thing I can think is the first guy never saw me at all, which I find ironic, because he had a boat full of people.  I guess nobody saw me.

And I completely agree with you about fishing around 100 fisherpeople than 10 skiers.  Not only that, but I bet 100 fishing boats could be launched or loaded in the same time it would take 10 ski boats to do the same.  That is another story.

-------------------------
"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing."  Babylonian Proverb
Top Bottom