Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 08:02:27 AM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Gettin' desperate!  (Read 7517 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Does anyone know of ANY 'decent' paying openings within 25 miles of Wylie?  There's certain things I won't do (like be a cook or waiter) but I'm starting to get desperate as my bills are adding up.  I can't even score an interview let alone find a job!  Word of advice for those of you with jobs:  KEEP THEM!

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

STILL THE BIGGEST BRAD!!! The rest are just wanna

What is decent?  Whats wrong with being a waiter?  Lots of people make good money at it.  Definetley more than unemployment pays.

-------------------------
I was the biggest brad.  Until someone changed it and locked my account.  Can't have any fun.
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Not the biggest, but big enough -- 59lb Blue

I have been talking to him, he is looking for something in SAP or inventory control.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

Cat caught out of a small neighborhood pond.

Moconelli, What sort of jobs? I'm in the same shoes as Texdan of the can't even score an interview. As of right now anything $10 or above would be decent for me.

Thanks

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Mattman,what do you do?

I was the biggest brad.  Until someone changed it and locked my account.  Can't have any fun.
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I have been talking to him, he is looking for something in SAP or inventory control.
Knowing that,I can ask around.  I was the inventory control manager where I used to work.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

You have a PM.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

What is decent?  Whats wrong with being a waiter?  Lots of people make good money at it.  Definitley more than unemployment pays.

I have nothing against waiters, use them quite a bit since my wife likes to eat out (more than I do).  It's just not something I'm cut out to do.....I've done a lot of hand-labor type jobs in my life and spent time in factories up north among other things.   

Yes, I have inventory management and SAP functional support experience but having zero luck thus far scoring an interview so the reason for my 'desperate' post.  Decent to me at this stage would be in $15-20/hr range, a lot less than I was making but enough to pay the bills.  Of course I'd like to be able to use my skills and experience but at this point and my age not sure if it will happen...

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Have you tried L3 integrated systems in Greenville.  Just a couple more than 25 miles,but they seem to have quite a few job openings.  A friend of mine just got on there.  Making $15 an hour working in recieving,inventory,and product distribution for one section of the plant.  His position was entry level,with no experience in that field.  Only thing is they do extensive background checks,credit too,because of the security clearance required for most jobs.  Not sure if either would be a problem,just giving you a heads up.  There are quite a few hobs listed there today.  Some that you may be interested in.  Hope this helps.  Here is a link to it.
http://www.l-3com.com/careers/search.aspx

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Have you tried L3 integrated systems in Greenville.  Just a couple more than 25 miles,but they seem to have quite a few job openings.  A friend of mine just got on there.  Making $15 an hour working in recieving,inventory,and product distribution for one section of the plant.  His position was entry level,with no experience in that field.  Only thing is they do extensive background checks,credit too,because of the security clearance required for most jobs.  Not sure if either would be a problem,just giving you a heads up.  There are quite a few hobs listed there today.  Some that you may be interested in.  Hope this helps.  Here is a link to it.

Actually, yes, I had applied to about 10 inventory-related jobs there the past few months and rejected on all of them.  I'll re-look again.  Does your friend have an engineering background?  I don't so I was wondering if that might have been a reason.  Or did he happen to have an inside contact?  Appreciate the heads up, I wouldn't mind the drive to Greenville at all...

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Texdan you have a PM.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Texdan you have a PM.
Got it Ken, thanks.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Had an interview with L-3 today for a Team Leader position, sounds promising......

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Hope you get it TEXDAN. 

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

TEXDAN ...... sendin ya a p.m.

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: