Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2018, 10:11:20 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Attention Moderators: How about a new 'Employment' section?  (Read 3580 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Just an idea, with the economy the way it is today how about a new 'Employment' section where we can either post 'need job' or 'available job'?  I got hit with the TI layoff last month so fall into the 'need job' area.....They say networking is the best way to get a job, and that over 50% of jobs are unadvertised so sounds like this might be a worthwhile effort.  And yes, I'm still bitter after planning on retiring in 7 more years.....

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Hate to hear that man- best of luck to ya.  I sold meat out of my truck for 12 years and made good money doing it.  Cleared $4k-$6k per month and was on the lake 2-4 days a week.  It's not what most people think it is, and can pay the bills if things get tight.  PM me or Larry (meatman) if you have any questions.

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I do feel for people who loose their jobs right now.  I know a few people at my former employer that just got laid off.  It would be a hard time to look for a new job.

I don't know that an employment section fits the idea behind LLF although I would not object to see posts for employment wanted under the for sale sections or general discussion.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

maybe a sticky here in Gen Discussion

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I do feel for people who loose their jobs right now.  I know a few people at my former employer that just got laid off.  It would be a hard time to look for a new job.

I don't know that an employment section fits the idea behind LLF although I would not object to see posts for employment wanted under the for sale sections or general discussion.

I thought the idea behind LLF was to help people...I've certainly gotten ALOT of help from here...we have a firearms and hunting section...that's not fishing.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Well, it was only an idea....I guess a post in the General Discussion area might work the same.  Perhaps I'm the only LLFer looking for work.... icon_frown

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Hate to hear that man- best of luck to ya.  I sold meat out of my truck for 12 years and made good money doing it.  Cleared $4k-$6k per month and was on the lake 2-4 days a week.  It's not what most people think it is, and can pay the bills if things get tight.  PM me or Larry (meatman) if you have any questions.
Thanks for the tip, kinda funny I actually did this for 1 day LONG ago, went with a guy (OTJT) selling steaks to anyone he could round up.  I found out quickly it was not for me....

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Hmm, just noticed the 'site suggestions' section, I'm thinking this should be moved there....

Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

I thought the idea behind LLF was to help people...I've certainly gotten ALOT of help from here...we have a firearms and hunting section...that's not fishing.

I like your post AIRBORNE. I shall make an Employment section.

-------------------------
Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks for the tip, kinda funny I actually did this for 1 day LONG ago, went with a guy (OTJT) selling steaks to anyone he could round up.  I found out quickly it was not for me....

Depends on how you do it.  I only talked to folks in $300,000+ homes, made 2-4 sales per day netting $150 profit per sale.  Anywhere from 2-5 hours easy work.  Some idiots just get out there and talk to anyone and everyone, peddling it like they're pushing carnival games.  There's a right way and wrong way....

Top Bottom  
Minnow

I got axed from TI last month as well and i think we are all a bit bitter about it. Texdan, PM me with your info and maybe we can help each other as i look through a lot of postings every day now.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

I got axed from TI last month as well and i think we are all a bit bitter about it. Texdan, PM me with your info and maybe we can help each other as i look through a lot of postings every day now.

See there Adam, it's working already!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: