Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2018, 01:37:29 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Lake Palestine 3/28 Central Texas Catfish Tourney  (Read 8829 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Thanks Smiffy!

We are planning on leaving here around 4:30ish Friday morning (Did I really just say that???)  Usually the only way I see 4:30 is if I have been up that long.....  What time you'll planning on getting to Palestine?

-------------------------
MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Mkike we will be there 7:30-8:00ish..........not for sure yet but that is close..........

Mark Alexander
North Texas Trophy Cats
2008 Central Texas Catfish Classic Champions
"If your hands aren't slimey,then your having a bad day!"
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Mkike we will be there 7:30-8:00ish..........not for sure yet but that is close..........

AM or PM Huh?  You all pre-fishing tomorrow?  We are planning on fishing in the morning if the storms will hold off...

If you are going to be there in the morning.  My cell phone is 214.418.1975 give me a ring when you get there.  I called Palestine resorts this evening and we are in room 10. 

MikeB

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

You guys be careful on that strange lake.  Should work out for ya.  Good luck!  Try to keep Mark and Mark in check  icon_lol

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

We will be careful.  Don't think the weather is going to be as bad there as here, but it is a strange lake to us.  Strategy is still the same.  Stay away from the beans on Friday night!  M&M have been known to cook a mean batch of beans the night before a tourney...

MikeB

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

will be windy so be safe and jjason make sure mike keeps the fish in water all the weigh to the scale. never know when ya might need a lb or so icon_rolleyes

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

will be windy so be safe and jjason make sure mike keeps the fish in water all the weigh to the scale. never know when ya might need a lb or so icon_rolleyes

10-4 Brent... God knows he cost us $$$ in the last tourney!!

Safety is # uno with me in the boat icon_cool

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

10-4 Brent... God knows he cost us $$$ in the last tourney!!

Safety is # uno with me in the boat icon_cool

jjason, somehow I got thrown under the bus on the arrowhead tourney here...  As I remember it, you pulled the fish out of the live well and we both carried the fish to the scales.  It is a two hour drive to Palestine, so by the time we get there your memory should be a little clearer on the Arrowhead tourney...  icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

MikeB

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Anyone heard from our boys on how they did?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

nope still goin straight to vm

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i see that jason logged in a few minutes ago.   UPDATE?

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

It was cold.. and windy to start the day. Lines out at 7:00 am in 5 ' and we were culling 5 lbrs by 7:45 with a 9lb big fish. I was thinking we have allot of time to improve that stringer.
At 9:30 or so it was cold ... and the artic blast wind came in from the west. icon_eek We spent the next 5 hrs going from 2 to 9 feet culling more 5lbers ever so often.
Mike lost got stump bound on a GOOD fish at about 1:30. Set the rod back in ,and it zzinggg again 10 minutes later. Still hung up.. back in ... zing again 10 minutes later... still hung up icon_evil At 2:00 we did donuts around the line with no results.

32 Teams total

I think 60 lbs won it??
Todd Lambert and his partner finished 2nd with 57lbs
Team M&M finshed                             7th with 34lbs
Me and Mike finished                          8th with 33.5lbs
Jerod and partner finshed                   9th  31 lbs

Thanks to M&M for the dinner Friday night!! Them some good stuffed japinos icon_lol

If I decide to fish another tourney in 30 mph winds, would someone please come to my house and shoot out all my tires the night before. icon_rolleyes

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i was out peddling fishing gear the night before and the wind here was ripping.  I stayed home cause I said I wasn't doing that again anytime soon, and for once I didn't.  Just now stopped howling through my windows.

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well glad to hear Jason & MIke be home safe and had a good showing too. The wind was a blowing. I didn't even try the slip in that wind much less a boat!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Congrats to everyone, and glad ya'll made it back safe..   I sure do miss them japelenos that smiffy cooks up..  mighty good eats...

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: