Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 11:21:14 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Prayers Needed....Lost Another One.  (Read 3479 times)

Lunker Extreme

This young man's name is Peter J. Courcy...he was not only a friend of mine...but I am the one who enlisted him when I was a recruiter in Mckinney...He was an outstanding individual...I saw this Thursday night while I was watching the news and broke completely down...I feel that even though he always wanted to a soldeir...that I am responsible for his death since I put him in...I will never again talk to anyone about joining...If you live near Addison and see his plane or convoy...please pay your respects...he was a great american...God Bless Airborne. icon_cry icon_cry icon_cry icon_cry

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/yahoolatestnews/stories/021409dncourcy.41a402e.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Frisco-Soldier-Killed-in-Afghanistan-Bombing.html

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I don't know of anything that will ease your pain but know this... he was doing what he wanted to do.  He made the choice to join and I am sure given the circumstances, he had given it a great deal of thought.  I do not know this gentleman but I am proud and thankful for his service.  Many of us on the forum are vets or have family members that serve.  Together we rejoice when a member returns home safely and we cry together when one makes the ultimate sacrifice.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.  May God give them peace and comfort.

-------------------------
Don Elkins
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Our prayers are sent for Peter & his family. Reading a story like this really puts a lump in my throat because Josh is over there now.  Airborne, even though you signed this fine young man to serve our country, you are in No Way responsible for what happened to him. Peter signed up to be what he wanted to be, a Soldier. Unfortunately in times of war, young soldiers die  icon_cry Please pass along any info on funeral arrangements.

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I think the funeral details are in one of the news stories that I posted...I couldn't read the whole thing...I will not be able to attend, but I will go to the cemetery hopefully this weekend to show my respect and to apologize...this young man volunteered to be a Special Forces Soldier during a time of war...he is a true Hero...he is now added to the list of friends or soldiers I have lost...Barnes, Methvin, Perez, Bubela, and now Courcy.

Top Bottom