Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 25, 2019, 01:43:29 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
2 more days...  (Read 4041 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

...till I'm off to Cotulla for 9 glorious days in the woods  Cheesy   I feel like a lil kid the night before Christmas  In your face

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

you ought too  Cheesy .... good luck

-------------------------
Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

18 hours 51 minutes... Smiley

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "JohnnyD"
18 hours 51 minutes... Smiley

Like watching water waiting for it to boil...hope the 18hrs 51min go by fast and your time there moves like a snail. Have fun! Cheesy

A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I bet your about to bust!!!!  Good luck to you and your buddies out there.

I just could not get on the big one this year.

No buzz kill , but be safe... one of my neighboors was a garland PD that died from a fall from a stand.  

I HAVE A GOOD FEELING YOU WILL SMOKE A DEER OF A LIFETIME TIME!

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

down there  icon_rolleyes .. i bet he does too  Cheesy

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Well...counted over 15 different bucks (lost track), mostly younger deer in the 2.5-3.5 age range.  One 2.5 yr old 9pt we have running around already goes in the mid 130 class  icon_eek .  The last Friday we were there finally saw a mature buck (5.5-6.5 yr old 12pt) that went close to 150.  Came out right at dark and my only shot was through the brush so I passed at the shot.  We're going back down Thur-Sun this week so hopefully I'll get another crack at him or one better.  All in all 4 of us took 2 spikes, 4 does, and a sow that dressed out right at 200lbs.  We all saw several 3.5 yr old bucks (4 different 10pts) that are gonna be REAL tough not to shoot next year.  If a couple of these can make it to 5.5 yrs old they'll go over 160.  Cool

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

and now I'm sittin here sayin it again (2 more days!  Cheesy )

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

i reckon you ain't worked much lately  Cheesy

do ya hear from Larry at all anymore?  he is hiding

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

He's never been real active on here but I'm sure is lurking somewhere.  Talk to him a few times a week...we're going to his lease in Cisco Fri 1/2.
I know he's been on the lake catchin fish shallow...

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Quote from: "polebender"
i reckon you ain't worked much lately  Cheesy

Yeah, I saved 6 days vacation just to spend some time at the lease in Dec and luckily my sales mgr hunts too and has had no problem with me taking a few days here and there to get to the woods.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

you'll be able to grab alot of different game , cause you know you're gonna get big buck right off the bat .....  Tongue  icon_lol

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Best of luck to ya! Cheesy

A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Just got back in from Cotulla late tast night.  What a trip!  Cheesy   Not so much for the hunting itself, but me and my two step brothers all brought our families and kids down.  Taking my daughter (7 yrs old) to the stand, seeing her get excited getting to watch hot does and the bucks pursuing them (my step dad actually saw a 10 pt mount a doe!  icon_eek ), the camp fires and the kids roasting marshmellows, etc...made this a trip I won't soon forget.  Some of my fondest memories as a kid were of time spent at the lease with the family, watching our kids enjoy themselves and form those same memories is priceless!  Sunday morning one of my step brothers busted a spike that ran about 300 yrds (hit him back too far).  Being the last morning hunt we let 5 kids ranging from 4 yrs old to 9 yrs ols trail the deer  Cheesy  with close supervision.  Absolutely amazing!  Not only did they manage to follow a fairly weak blood trail (although some disagreement took place when the trail would let up a little) but found the deer.  He was fairly certain the deer was down so we thought we'd let em' have a little fun.  Trips like this you have to realize that kids sometimes aren't going to be as quiet or still as you may like, but they're KIDS and are trying their best.  With that in mind we let them have their fun, and when they would make sudden movements in the blind or talk/cough too loud and spook deer we used that as a learning experience and showed as much patience and understanding as possible.  My daughter had a cold but wanted to go to the stand anyway, so I got in my mind real quick before we left that yes, she was coughing and probably would spook deer and keep that big boy from coming in.  That being said it was all about the experience for both of us and spending some great time together.  We played "how many deer do you see?"  I'd have 12-13 deer out there and she'd only see 8-9, so I'd ask her can you find the other 5?  After some careful glassing and watching she'd manage to find the others and was learning to watch for the slightest movement or for the triangular shape of a deer's head.  We decided to make this an annual family trip (after Christmas) with all the kids, and next year I'll look forward to it as much as any trip we take.
After all was said and done only hung 2 longhorn spike in the tree over the weekend.  We're seeing 4.5 yr old deer (2- 10 pts we have there especially come to mind) that just don't have the racks they probably should have.  S TX has been under a bad drought going back 15 months or so, and the lack of rain and quality browse has really hurt this year's antler developement.  I've never seen deer come in to corn with as much enthusiasm as the deer down there are right now...just not much there for them to eat right now.  Hopefully we get some rain this spring and these bucks we are seeing put on some major inches by next year.  Anyway, was a priceless weekend and some times I hope the kids look back on later with much fondness.  I know I will  Cool

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: