Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 06:25:57 AM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
2 Awesome Bucks  (Read 3072 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Just wanted to share these pics.

The first was a buck that was hit by a car Mon 11/24 outside of Houston fairly close to here.  You tell me...185-190?

The second is supposedly a buck (rack) that was poached.  Story I got was that they got the guy who did it through contacting every taxidermist within a good area around where it was poached from.  Texas deer...maybe the most awesome rack I've ever seen   icon_eek

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

the poached buck

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

yep.  The poached  buck came from Lucy Park in Wichita Falls.  Kyle told me the story of it on Friday.  He is from there.  The dude is in a lot of trouble....  Shot in the city limits in a city park.  I'll see if I can find the story and post it.

-------------------------
MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I will agree with you on the second deer..... that big sucker would be hard to beat !!!!!!!!!! Its got it ALL.!!!

The first one I would guess between 160 - 170 though, wide as a barn door but a little short on 2s and 3s to go that high. I would kill that drop tine having beast in a heart beat and than thank god 100 times for it!!  

heck ,, I would probaly wreck the front of my truck for it icon_rolleyes

Are going over the holidays?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

here is a thread on a hunting forum about it.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=786392

MikeB

Lake Grapevine Small Mouth Buffalo Lake Record Holder - 4/10/2010

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

We're headin out after the Cowboy game Thur, comin home Sun night.  Then won't be back till Dec 11 (Thur night) but we're stayin thru Dec 20
 Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy   I keep checkin the S Tx forecast prayin for some rain...sure would be nice if our oats come in!  Cool

Top Bottom  

Lunker

I am Going to my parents in Wichita Falls tomorrow mike if  that thread is right and its Wichita I am sure the guys at the wildlife dept. where i use to work will be able to tell me about get the details and let you guys know

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

I was coming back from Galveston Sunday evening and I was amazed how many deer I saw along the roads feeding just outside of Houston. Healthy population there. There sure looked small though. Not like the typical South Texas deer.

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: