Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2019, 03:59:56 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Hope someone did better than me....  (Read 1966 times)
Lunker Extreme

There were alot of 4pnts and does seen, nothing shootable though.

anyone else have better luck?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

we cut 3 does...  only saw young bucks ,

I did have a buddy that saw a "nice" buck but it was running across a hey medow and he would have had to drop check it to size it...

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

We had a nice 8-point taken on our place and one hog.  I think I had one hand wrapped around my neck when I pulled the trigger on a 3-1/2 year old cull buck.  Weirdest buck I've ever seen he a lump of an antler sticking out his left side and 3 long tines off of his right.  One looked like a 12" brow tine and the others just forked off.  He didn't really have a main beam at all.  Oh yeah, clean MISS!  Hopefully I'll get a picture of him on my trail cam.  We only saw a few deer, but they were all with does.  Acorns are falling, but they are still eating corn.  I got some good trail cam pics I'll post soon.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "Bobby-Catfishing"
We had a nice 8-point taken on our place and one hog.  I think I had one hand wrapped around my neck when I pulled the trigger on a 3-1/2 year old cull buck.  Weirdest buck I've ever seen he a lump of an antler sticking out his left side and 3 long tines off of his right.  One looked like a 12" brow tine and the others just forked off.  He didn't really have a main beam at all.  Oh yeah, clean MISS!  Hopefully I'll get a picture of him on my trail cam.  We only saw a few deer, but they were all with does.  Acorns are falling, but they are still eating corn.  I got some good trail cam pics I'll post soon.

thats cool you said that because we have the same thing going on .... Lots of acorns falling (sounds like a war zone in the hardwoods) but hem jokers are still comming to corn :?  :?  in E> TEXAS by all means???

I think they just like snacking on it.... Maybe we should put potato chips and ho- hos in a feeder icon_lol  icon_lol

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

You may laugh about the potato chips, but I work with a guy that swears by dumping a bag of fritos in his feed pen before he hunts.  He said the deer will eat those before the corn everytime.  I have yet to try it.  I keep eating the bag before we get to the lease.  I don't think they will eat the chili/cheese flavor anyway.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "Bobby-Catfishing"
You may laugh about the potato chips, but I work with a guy that swears by dumping a bag of fritos in his feed pen before he hunts.  He said the deer will eat those before the corn everytime.  I have yet to try it.  I keep eating the bag before we get to the lease.  I don't think they will eat the chili/cheese flavor anyway.

LMAO....

Im leaving the 7th and returning the 16th. I will let ya know how it works Cool

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: