Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2019, 10:18:41 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
no Deer Hunting in Collin County?  (Read 13525 times)
LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: luvtofish
So we know there are deer in Collin county, but, there are too many people in the areas they're in to hunt them with rifles, so they don't let us hunt them at all....bummer. icon_rolleyes

Park & Wildlife began a stocking program for white tailed dear in northeastern Collin & hUnt countes years ago trying to build up a herd. It's still not large enuf in Collin to support hunting. Someday it will if all the habitat ain't ruined with nice purty houses.

Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:37:09 PM by DavidP

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Well I be making some sausage in the next few days and my youngest chillen ain't said nuthin bout no hog meat. Guess I head to Sam's for some pork butts!

Top Bottom  

Lunker

let's stay on subject guys,
please move the talk about hogs to another thread.
Thanks,

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "DavidP"
Quote from: "luvtofish"
So we know there are deer in Collin county, but, there are too many people in the areas they're in to hunt them with rifles, so they don't let us hunt them at all....bummer. icon_rolleyes

Park & Wildlife began a stocking program for white tailed dear in northeastern Collin & hUnt countes year ago trying to build up a herd. It's still not large enuf in Collin to support hunting. Someday it will if all the habitat ain't ruined with nice purty houses.

I plead guilty to not knowing that DavidP.  icon_eek
It's a good deal that they are doing that, but I'm afraid you're spot on about the habitat. The way Collin is growing I don't there will be any space left for any appreciable amount of deer. I don't know the stats for everywhere else, but the population of Sachse has more than doubled in the 7 years I've been here, from around 9000 to a little over 20,000 folks. Seems like everywhere you go in Collin they are building houses and shopping, fast as they can.   Sad   I liked it better with less people.

I love to fish, it's just that simple.

Kes   

Team Double K                  

http://www.texastrophycats.com/
Top Bottom  
Lunker

Ive seen about 8 deer at lake lavon since last year.  The second week of november this year I saw a buck runnin with 3 does up at the north part of the lake.

Top Bottom  
Minnow

i have seen a doe with two young ones in farmersville.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Shoot, anyone been up towards lake lewisville through the trinity river bottoms?   I hear theres lots of deer there..  I saw an 8-10 point in the dang tent camp at lewisville a year or so ago..  and I got a buddy who says theres a couple 8's and some does that walk up and down the creek behind his house..  ( Now, thats when I be doing bowshooting.. within legality of course.)
and my friend north of 380 in hunt county just tagged a big ole 8 pointer this season...

Top Bottom  

Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

Proud grandpa of Lavon Jr. Record holder. 48.75#

only 35 years ago there was heard of white tail living in the creek bottom just west of Greenville Ave. & south of LBJ Freeway.

Capt. Larry

Capt. Larry's Guide Service
 972-743-0607
capt.larrylawley@yahoo.com

http://www.capt-larry-east-texas-fishing-guide.com/index.html

Don't work too hard, play when you can and fish every chance you get.
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

I've seen lots of deer on lavon and found a shed that would be half of a 130" deer on the cor land behind highlands.  I've also arrested someone on the lake for hunting deer at the request of Leroy.  On the coyote thing I went to a call at I30 and jim miller where a women had hit a coyote in her car.  Houses shouldn't effect the deer, i've seen them eating roses in front yards in other states in the middle of 100,000 plus city. I'm sure in a few years there will be a buck only archery season in collin county.

We sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Top Bottom  

Minnow

Was in my backyard smoking some ribs  last weekend and spotted a doe wondering arround in a field behind my house. Live next to McKinney North High off Wilmeth and 75, north of 380. She was out there long enogh to call my hunting buddy neighbor to grab his binos and come running. We glass her for a good 15 minutes at 70 yards. She was a big one and had a very interesting color to her. Not like any east or west Texas does ive taken.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

might have been a kansas breed..  lots of kanasas dna has been trickled in to the texas deer to help make them hardier..

Top Bottom  
Lunker

There is a dead 8point on the side of 75 in Anna and a smaller one in Mckinney. My brother is a LEO in Mckinney and when he worked nights he saw them on the north side of town regularly.

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Legend

There are a lot of deer in Collin County. All along the trinity north west of Mckinney, all around Lavon. Blue Ridge area has them everywhere.  I know where there is a huge 14 point that runs with a group of 6-8 does not 1/4 mile from my house. I have deer tracks in my pasture now and a duck hunting buddy has seen them on my place.

I saw a pic of a huge buck supposedly killed illegally this past year around the lake. I heard he got busted and I hope that he did.

Rumor has it there will be a short archery only season in a few years? If so, better start leasing your spot now cause they won't come cheap icon_rolleyes

Jerry
Bee Ready Pro Staff
ProAnglerTackle Pro Staff
www.ProAnglerTackle.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I agree with JJason that there is a good herd north of 380.  I walked along the bank about 3/4 of a mile north of Caddo Park where an old road bed goes into the lake and I was fishing from the old blacktop so I wouldn't be ankle deep in mud and an eight point buck walked right up behind me and snorted because I was in his watering hole (he didn't like to get muddy either).  I about had an accident in my pants.  The deer aren't real thick but they are there.   I would think that all the growth that has occurred in Collin County over the past ten years has had a lot to do with declining populations as they move out further away from development.  Dallas County also has no open season so it may have a lot to do with available land as well for a general hunting season.

There is ALWAYS room for one more fishing rod in your collection!!!
Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: