Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2019, 04:04:48 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Hunting Survey  (Read 2644 times)

Lunker Extreme

Just curious on where others are hunting, how many deer, hogs, turkey, etc. you typically see each hunt.

We hunt down near Trinity.  To see a deer is a good hunt.  The hogs have really moved in the past year or so and we're seeing more and more of them during the day.  If we see deer we don't see hogs.  If we see hogs we don't see deer.  We do have some good bucks on the place that keep us coming back each year.

2006 Buck
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Bobby-Catfishing/Buck4.jpg
Hunting Survey

Mr. BIG 8
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Bobby-Catfishing/Big8.jpg
Hunting Survey

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

When I hunt in Mississippi I see deer almost every time I am on the stand. Its 5000 acres of private hunting though. When I go to Tennessee I see deer almost every day but the bigger bucks seem to move more at night. Turkeys are fairly common though.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

I hunt just about 10 miles south of Lake o' the pines on my grannies place.

its on the little cypres river so its mostly hardwoods and pines. We also have 3 fields 2 of wich are hey medows. On a good hunt I will see 3-6 deer. On a bad weekend maybe 1 or 2 the entire hunt. I dont think we have ever gone with 2 to 4 guys hunting the entire weekend and someone not see a deer.  We have a hog population problem this year. I have seen up to 50 - 60 hogs in 3 groups in one hunt. The big bucks a few and far between, but there are a couple of wallhangers out there and I plan on killing one of them by the end of November. If I dont do it by the the rutt will be over and Im screwed icon_rolleyes

And yes if we see the hogs we dont see the deer.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

this year it looks like .... southeast of longview for me

seen atleast 30 doe and 1 - 6 point and needlesss to say , a dadgome load of pigs a weekend ago but i figure the guys will move in when they're ready for some .......  icon_wink  Cheesy

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

We have about 500 acre's of land in east texas near New Boston we hunt on.  Been working on the place for the past 3 years or so, starting to get some decent sized deer out there. There were 2 10 points taken last year. one was pretty old. We have quite a bit of hogs down there as well. Anderson creek runs along the back side of our land. The hogs seem to folow that creek up and down all year long. one month we'll have hogs all over the place, the next there wont be a single sign of them.

Usually see deer every weekend we're there. Had a nice 8 point walk right up on us while we were squirrle hunting a few weeks ago. Guess i need to start squirrle huntin with a bow!

We also have some pretty good fishing down there aswell. had a 15acre pond put in.

Me
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Vyda/Deer2.jpg
Hunting Survey

My Cousin
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Vyda/DSC01817.jpg
Hunting Survey

The Pond
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Vyda/Pond.jpg
Hunting Survey

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

billy....you got a great lookin area and the deer and hogs to go with it .....

good luck the rest of the way

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "fishin1"
billy....you got a great lookin area and the deer and hogs to go with it .....

good luck the rest of the way

Thanks!

Now if i can just keep the spotlighters out of there it would sure help. We've gotten the Game Warden involved and he's got a couple of them. but i spent a week down there first of october for some bow hunting. guess they didnt expect anyone to be there during the week, I was up at camp, about 11pm heard a shot that sounded like it came from on our place. Jumped on the 4wheeler to check it out. sure enough i could see them about 600 or 700 yards away across a pasture, popped off a couple rounds with the 9mm and that sure sent them runnin.

I hate spotlighters.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

that really sux  icon_evil ........ hope they either stay away now or yall catch em

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

Lunker

We are hunting out near wright patman lake in east texas. It has been hard hunting and just this past weekend someone stole my trail camera and ground blind. I am looking for a lease or property to buy. Tired of the public land. Here is my nephew with a good buck from last year out of Missouri.

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Lookin for a bigger one!!!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

First year for me on a new place in Cotulla.  My step dad and 2 step brothers have been on it for 6 years and have been feeding protein year round along with corn during season and for a few months after season ends.  We just had a 5 acre oat patch planted...keepin my fingers crossed for plenty of rain!  From what I've seen and been told over the past few years they are seeing a few bucks just about every hunt.  We're on a management plan and only taking 5 1/2 year old bucks, culls, and some does.  I know every year for the past several seasons they have taken at least 1 buck in the mid 150's and several in the high 140's along with the odd cull buck.  My best deer to date is a 9 point in the mid 120's so needless to say I'm PUMPED for this year.  Will have to wait till Thanksgiving weekend as this is the first time we'll be going down  :x
But come December, I've got a hunt planned from Dec 12- Dec 20  Cheesy
I know they have enough hogs that they have shot several just to thin them out and left em where they fell  :?   This won't happen anymore now that I'm there because I'll clean every pig that goes down, and will be working the trap all season.  Oh yeah- only 350 acres and 4 guns but we're bordered all the way around by bigger ranches that practice the same management plan we're on.  My only worry is that I've never had to pass up some of the 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 year old bucks they are letting walk.
My step dad always takes his camera and has shown me numerous photos of 3 1/2 year old bucks with cloe to 20" inside spreads  icon_eek  Cheesy

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

jd.... you'll definately love cotulla all year round  Cheesy  Cheesy

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

anybody usin the corn flavored with persimmon  icon_question

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: