Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2019, 06:28:42 AM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Best Trail Cam Pic Ever!  (Read 5522 times)
Lunker Extreme

STILL THE BIGGEST BRAD!!! The rest are just wanna

Quote from: "RANGER"
Don't want to make anybody mad here.... But that young buck should have been passed up... He would have made a good rack in another few years icon_wink  Just my 2 cents...

Hunting for a rack is pretty lame in my opinion.  I prefer to shoot does,they btaste better.

-------------------------
I was the biggest brad.  Until someone changed it and locked my account.  Can't have any fun.
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "moshe"
Don't want to make anybody mad here.... But that young buck should have been passed up... He would have made a good rack in another few years icon_wink  Just my 2 cents...

Hunting for a rack is pretty lame in my opinion.  I prefer to shoot does,they btaste better.

Yep, them does do taste mo betta and besides...I tried boiling them dang horns and never could get em tender! Smiley

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

everybody has their own opinion. i shoot does but dont think it's lame to wait for a trophy.

hope nobody calls me lame for looking for that big catfish becuase we all know them smallers ones taste better.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Nothing wrong with targeting a deer for it's rack....as long as you keep the meat.
I have seen where someone will shoot a deer--harvest the rack and leave the rest to waste.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

meat 1st ...... rack=bonus

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

big difference between deer and catfish. Unless you hunt witha stun gun, take pics, and then run like hell before it wakes up  Cheesy

Joe Simpson
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Depends on where you hunt.  This will be my first year hunting S TX (Cotulla) and believe you me, I'll be waiting for that mature, swole' neck, jaw dropper to walk out.  Don't get me wrong, I'll take a couple of does for the freezer, but the only buck I'm pullin the trigger on will be a mature 140 class or better.  Have never hunted where if you were patient you'd have a good shot at a buck like that, but if you're on the right place I'll take my chances letting those 2,3,4 year old bucks pass.  When we were hunting E TX if he had horns you dropped him for the most part, and if you waited only for a trophy you most likely wouldn't ever see him or take a buck at all.  Down South there are plenty around if you bide your time.

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "polebender"
big difference between deer and catfish. Unless you hunt witha stun gun, take pics, and then run like hell before it wakes up  Cheesy

sure in my case, but no different then when the big fish gets released to the grease. icon_lol

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Quote from: "DavidP"

Yep, them does do taste mo betta and besides...I tried boiling them dang horns and never could get em tender! Smiley

Maybe it's in a Buck only county...and Bow season...who knows.  But I agree with y'all...them horns are tough eatin'.

A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

I hunt in a 'Buck only' one buck county...and it's hard passing up all those does...it hurts my freezer's feelings icon_wink

A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "Smilin'Mallard"
I hunt in a 'Buck only' one buck county...

man that really stinks ...... Sad

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: