Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2018, 05:07:09 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Lake records  (Read 6044 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

We should have kept that carp on Saturday!  It would have been a record!!!  Note also there is no record from black Crappie.  So anything you catch is the lake record.  Channel cat, flathead and Redear are in the same boat.

Where is the scales for Lavon?

-------------------------
You think THAT'S hard, try naming two cities in New Hampshire!
Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

icon_question  If I'm correct the only certified scales for Lavon are at "The Cove" in Farmersville and at Brookshires in Wylie.

Mugz

Steven
Top Bottom  
I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough...
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Legend

Hmmm I never thought about that Carp being a record. I think I may print out a copy of the lake records and laminate it for me to carry with me.

It would have been Jerry's record since he hooked it. I was kinda suprised he pulled that thing in on his crappie pole  icon_lol

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.  You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Adam
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

There is a lake record on channel although it is on trotline which means rod and reel category is open.  jerry caught a drum earlier in the year that would have been a record also.  Can you image bringing in a big flathead to the brookshires to get weighed.  I might just have to try that.  I think that would be worth it just for the laugh.  I can imagine peoples faces when you come into a grocery store dragging a big fat flathead behind you  icon_lol  icon_lol

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Anyone have directions and phone number for the cove?

Here are the instructions for submitting fish for records.  Make sure the scales are certified and that the certification is current.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/lakes/arp.htm#inst

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

From mckinney head down 380, you'll pass 78, then you'll go under 2 bridges.    It looks like a old gas station.  it is kind of caddy corner to a used car lot.  if you look it up on mapquest or yahoo, it will be on the corner of 380 and orange.

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Here is the number for The Cove 972-784-8944. They are some real nice people there. It's directly across from Dairy Queen on HWY 380. It's easy to find.

Mugz

Steven
Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

just look for the big sign that says Goldfish for sale.....or something like that  icon_lol

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

This is the state record registration form in pdf format.

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Here is the instructions, contact information, directions to certified scales, as well as the lake records as of 11/6/02.

[attachment deleted by admin on post older than 730 days ]

Top Bottom  
Group: Fishing Guide
Lunker Extreme

I also caught a 32 pound Drum about 10 years ago that we weighed on certified scales but couldn't get any paperwork. I finally just released the fish after several hours of waiting around for a game warden.  I can never remember catching a black Crappie on Lavon?  I am gonna break my old record this year on Blues. I want one they weighs 75 pounds Cool

Jerry

www.NorthTexasGuideService.com
04' Crappie USA Region 4 Champion
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

Now Jerry, I plan on catching that record fish.....Just hope I don't have a heart attack before I get the thing in the boat....

Top Bottom  
Lunker Extreme

Well heck...that record is going to get broken many times this year then!! Cuz I planned on breaking it myself. How in the heck are we all supposed to break the same record soo many times in the same year!!??

Mugz

Steven
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

tex@northtexasguideservice.com

Big! Bigger!! Biggest!!!

Top Bottom  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: