Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Incident with bank fisherman & jet skiers-  (Read 8936 times)

LLF Fishing Legend

Well my point of view is that the jetskier was wrong.  PERIOD!    We can all say that violence isn't the way to handle it, and cooler heads prevail, and your right, but when your in the middle of the situation, it's hard to stop and think that.  When you have someone cussing and yelling at you, natural instinct is to get mad and return the favor.   Luckily I'm a big fella and most people tend to back down once I stand up.   Lou I'd of handled it the same way.  You can ask DavidP or anyone else who fishes with me,  when it comes to jetskiers, or skiers buzzing by us,  It makes my blood boil...  Total lack of consideration, and knowledge of boating rules and regulations..

-------------------------
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Drawout I agree set the hook... It might just be the younger fire in me talking but I do not tend well to STUPID people.. If ever im fishing and some Special person rides next to the boat to be funny I send a SLAB there way. Some people need to learn from there mistakes. "The only pain that matters is the pain that one inflcts."  Lou_a your a better man than me, Coodos to you for not letting your emotions get the best of him..

Tommy C Williams
Ready for a Bigger PB than JJason has!

Go Cowboys!
Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

Lou, it is a tough spot. We were all younger once and had a lot more vinegar in our blood. There was a time that I would have hunted them down, on the lake or at the ramp. I have mellowed or just gotten soft over the last few years. I am a happier man for it. Like Don said, I am just fishing, enjoying a few CABS and trying to relax.

Either way, stupid is is stupid does. With or without direct confrontation, they will be doing the same thing the next time they are on the water. If they respected their fellow man it would not have happened in the first place. I think that either way you went, they were not going to change their perspective.

I have noticed that there are not many jet skiers or pleasure boats way up in Highland. Until I quit catching fish, I will just stay up there.

Clean fish and feed someone for the day....teach someone to clean fish and enjoy a CAB while someone else cleans the fish!
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

Yeah thanks for all the input guys.. Think when I fish it will be on the north ends to avoid stuff like this which will only get worse as it warms..

Shawn, I think your right, we were both stupid; I had intended to keep my big, fat, trap shut, but like others said, it was so very hard when they went off on me.  

I had not brought any CAB's out there with me that day, which was probably a blessing in disguise, given the volatility of the situation.

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

I think the PWD were wrong.  I would have yelled once or twice at them but then I would ignored.  I've had issues with them before.   Skiers are quiet as bad but I see them ski close to the bank at times.   At Lake  Bonham, (in my younger years) I got so tired of them, I finally threw a line (heavy weight, no hook) at them.   No really trying to hit them, just trying to get their attention.   Last Thursday or Friday, 4 pwd came  into the small cove south of Little Ridge.  With the whole lake, why do they need to speed up there were people are tring to speed so quiet time fishing.

I just don't understand people mindset.  Where has common courtesy gone too?    I keep telling my son, on the lake its first come first stay.  If someone if fishing at your favorate location, then you move somewhere also.  Slow down when driving your boat fairly close to another boat (fishing).   I'm  sure what the exact rules but I do it out of courtesy.

William...

if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

too all those that didn't like what i said.....

nothing is served by getting in a fighting match that person.  No matter what you say, you aren't going to change their mind.  At that point they aren't open to it.  things escalating to the point that both are yelling and one person says he will shoot some one else to save his fishing tackle, is mindless.  Sounds like talk out of "boys in the hood".   Over what, under a dollar in fishing tackle?  

I don't know about you, but its not worth my time and blood pressure to complain about that.  let the guy that sucked up all that junk in his jet ski learn his lesson by trying to get all that out of his jets while he is in the water.  I'd just sit back, watch, and laugh to myself.  To me that would be worth a dollars worth of lost tackle to see that.

If I'm carrying a gun on corp property (illegal), I sure as he@@ ain't gonna go spoutin' off about it until I'm ready to use it!  And I sure ain't gonna use it if some one is just stealing my rod, heck they can have it.  Do you know how much time, $$, and aggrivation would go into defending yourself in court in a situation like that..... shooting a guy over a fishing rod, or being in illegal possession of a firearm?

Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Addict

Quote from: "shawn"
too all those that didn't like what i said.....

nothing is served by getting in a fighting match that person.  No matter what you say, you aren't going to change their mind.  At that point they aren't open to it.  things escalating to the point that both are yelling and one person says he will shoot some one else to save his fishing tackle, is mindless.  Sounds like talk out of "boys in the hood".   Over what, under a dollar in fishing tackle?  

I don't know about you, but its not worth my time and blood pressure to complain about that.  let the guy that sucked up all that junk in his jet ski learn his lesson by trying to get all that out of his jets while he is in the water.  I'd just sit back, watch, and laugh to myself.  To me that would be worth a dollars worth of lost tackle to see that.

If I'm carrying a gun on corp property (illegal), I sure as he@@ ain't gonna go spoutin' off about it until I'm ready to use it!  And I sure ain't gonna use it if some one is just stealing my rod, heck they can have it.  Do you know how much time, $$, and aggrivation would go into defending yourself in court in a situation like that..... shooting a guy over a fishing rod, or being in illegal possession of a firearm?

http://www.northtexasfishing.com/smiles2/baiting.gif
Incident with bank fisherman & jet skiers-
http://www.northtexasfishing.com/smiles2/flagging.gif
http://www.northtexasfishing.com/smiles2/yawning.gif
....you're soooooo boring

you could atleast go back to your bucket and have a c.a.b. and relax

Check out the LAST Floor You'll EVER have to put in Your Boat . Slip Resistent , LIFETIME Warranty , and just wash it out with a water hose ..

www.safe-floor.com
Top Bottom  

LLF Fishing Legend

icon_eek  I'll never cease to be amazed at some people's ignorance and lack of common courtesy.  Lou- you handled that very well (and better than I would have!).  Afraid I would have slung a weight his way or invited up to the shore for a "chat"...or both.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Addict

I tell ya the more I run into this type of stuff on the lake the more I be eyeing a paintball gun purchase Smiley

Top Bottom  
Group: Administrator
LLF Fishing Addict

....you're soooooo boring

you could atleast go back to your bucket and have a c.a.b. and relax

Heck yeah, thats exactly what I would have done.  I'd sit back and watch him try to get that treble hook out of his jets.

I once watched a fat dude that tipped his jet ski over try and flip it over for about 20 minutes.  Thats some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are!

Top Bottom  

Lunker Extreme

i like others have been there,   the  best solution i found  was  to  get wood from bank so i could slowly throw it around  me   and  keep  both skiers  & jet fools  from my throwing area    , aint  had a  confrontation since....... and if ya rub wood together just right   it may call in some  big o catfish

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: