Lake Lavon Fishing
HomeForumHelpSearchLoginRegister
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2018, 12:22:49 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Micro Fly Rod  (Read 37391 times)
LLF Fishing Legend

Are these what you used? http://amzn.to/1sRQcva

I have a dozen on these that I bought at a fly shop on the cheap in a bargain bin.

Thanks!

Thanks dzumwalt!

For the fly used, I tie them myself based on this article - Simple Foam Grasshopper.

-------------------------
Top Bottom  
Minnow

Thanks dzumwalt!

For the fly used, I tie them myself based on this article - Simple Foam Grasshopper.

That's awesome, I love making my own flies and that looks pretty straight forward.

Thank you for sharing!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

That's awesome, I love making my own flies and that looks pretty straight forward.

Thank you for sharing!

No problem, they are a simple pattern. Even better is when they get a waterlogged after getting beaten up my fish, they sink slowly just under the surface. You will get a number of strikes as it sinks slowly as well as on the retrieve, it tends to stay just under the surface getting more strikes. Good luck!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Fun time this evening catching Bluegill, Sunfish, and Bass on the Micro Fly Rod. Started with a Foam Grasshopper but then switched to a Tenkara Fly. No Bruisers save for a run on some nice size Bluegill that were making a nice bend in the little fly rod. Sure glad to have made use of that broken 8-Wt to make this rod. Fun stuff! Yesterday's Video.

Tenkara fly is another simple but effective pattern; works well with the Micro Fly Rod, too!

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Slow action this morning but did get a nice Catfish using the Micro Fly Rod!  Fun stuff on ultralight fly fishing gear!  Today's Video

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Caught a nice catfish while fishing with the Micro Flyrod! Was mainly targeting little fish but  a nice Catfish decided to play! Lotta fun flyfishing with the little flyrod! Today's Video.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Caught a couple of fish this evening on a quick trip to a local pond! Went with the Two Piece Micro Fly Rod and a PMC Emerger Variant to catch a Sunfish and some other fish that we are not sure about... still counts! Post.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Able to get out today as well as pull in some clips from this past week. More Golden Shiners on a Rainbow Midge using the Micro Fly Rod! Post.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Scouted a spot that looked promising. Did not catch any there, so stopped at Celebration Park. Able to save the day catching two Sunfish on the two piece Micro Fly Rod. Post.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Been tough getting out to go fishing. Did make a quick trip to a pond with the Micro Fly Rod! That will do for now... Post.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

More fun fishing with the Micro Fly Rod... a little fingerling bass this round. Post.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Fun with the micro fly rod we made years back. This one was the telescoping one that collapses to a length that fits in the backpack that your's truly uses for work. Good for those times when "fishy" waters are nearby while out during the work week! Video Post.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Micro Fly Rods revisited... cold and rainy, decided to collate past trips where we fished with various micro fly rods! Fun stuff... Playlist.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

Telescoping Micro Fly Rod modified with larger rod guides... fun stuff for quick trips to the local pond! Micro Fly Rod.

Top Bottom  
LLF Fishing Legend

While on the way home from the day job, had the fishing bug strike. Luckily we keep a Micro Fly Rod in our backpack at the ready for these instances.Video shows the Micro Fly Rod variant that we made that collapses and has larger rod guides than the original ones that came from the manufacturer. Micro Fly Rod casts 30' without an issue; only need to adjust the timing of the forward and backcast and we tend to use a sidecast more often than not.
Quick Trip with the Micro Fly Rod!

Top Bottom  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: